IEI’s WAFER-TGL-U is a 3.5-inch SBC based on a choice of Intel Tiger Lake UP3 processors with up to 32GB RAM, SATA storage, three 2.5 Gbps Ethernet ports, four display interfaces including HDMI, DisplayPort, and the company’s custom iDPM 3040 slot for eDP/LVDS/VGA, as well as four USB 3.2 ports.
The board also comes with M.2 sockets to add 4G LTE or 5G cellular connectivity, a few RS232/RS422/RS485 ports, and IEI says it is ideal for space-constrained applications such as AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle), AMR (Autonomous Mobile Robot), and small cabinets in factories.
- Tiger Lake UP3 SoC (One or the other)
- Intel Core i7-1185G7E quad-core processor up to 4.4GHz 12MB cache, TDP=28/15/12W
- Intel Core i5-1145G7E quad-core processor up to 4.1GHz, 8MB Cache, TDP=28/15/12W
- Intel Core i3-1115G4E dual-core processor up to 3.9GHz, dual-core, 6M Cache, TDP=28/15/12W
- Intel Celeron 6305E (up to 1.8GHz, dual-core, 4M Cache, TDP=15W)
- System Memory – Up to 32GB via one 260-pin 3200 MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM
- Storage – 1x SATA III port + 5V SATA power connector
- Display Interfaces
- 2x HDMI 1.4 ports up to 4096 x 2160 @ 30Hz
- 1x DisplayPort up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- 1x IEI iDPM 3040 slot for IEI eDP/LVDS/VGA module
- Audio – 1x 10-pin iAUDIO header for IEI AC-KIT-888S audio module
- 3x 2.5GbE RJ45 ports via Intel i225V controllers
- Optional 4G LTE or 5G cellular connectivity
- USB – 4x USB 3.2 Gen 2 x1 (10Gbps) ports, 8-pin header with 2x USB 2.0 interfaces
- Serial – 10-pin RS232 header, 2x 10-pin RS232/422/485 headers
- M.2 A key (2230) socket with PCIe Gen3 x1/USB 2.0
- M.2 B Key (2242/3052) socket for 5G with PCIe Gen3 x2/USB 2.0
- 14-pin header with 12x DIO
- Security – Intel PTT (TPM 2.0)
- Misc – 4-pin system fan connector
- Power Supply – +12V DC input power (AT/ATX mode)
- Dimensions – 146 x 102 mm
- Weight – 350 grams (net)
- Temperature – Operating: 0°C ~ 60°C; storage: -20°C ~ 70°C
- Humidity – 5% ~ 95%, non-condensing
- Certifications – CE/FCC compliant
The company does not list supported operating systems but provides download links to the BIOS, datasheets in English and Chinese, as well as a 2.44GB! ISO with drivers on the Download section of the IEI website.
The WAFER-TGL-U 3.5-inch Tiger Lake SBC is fitted with an heatspreader that provides 13 holes on three sides that make it suitable for all sorts of mounting options including DIN rail, as well as various cooling modules allowing the board to operate in high-temperature environments as illustrated below.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.