Last month Vecow introduced SPC-6000 fanless embedded PC powered by an Atom x6425RE Elkhart Lake processor, and considering Tiger Lake UP3 embedded processors were announced at about the same time as Atom x6000E-series family, it should come as no surprise that the Taiwanese company has introduced a more powerful Tiger Lake UP3 model.
Vecow SPC-7000/7100 Tiger Lake UP3 embedded box PC is equipped with a choice of Core i3 to i7 processors with 12W to 28W TDP with support for Iris Xe graphics, 2.5GbE, TSN networking that makes it suitable for factory automation, robotics, cellular V2X, smart retail, and any AIoT/Industry 4.0 applications.
Vecow SPC-7000/7100 specifications:
- SoC – Intel Core i7/i5/i3 quad-core Tiger Lake UP3 processor with Intel UHD graphics or Intel Xe Graphics; 12W to 28W configurable TDP
- System memory – Up to 32GB via 1x DDR4 3200MHz SO-DIMM socket
- Storage – 1x M.2 Key B 2260 Socket, 1x SATA III (6Gbps), SPI flash for AMI BIOS
- Video Output – 2x DisplayPort outputs up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60Hz
- Realtek ALC892 audio codec, 5.1 Channel HD Audio
- Audio Interfaces – 3.5mm Mic-in jack, 3.5mm Line-out jack
- Gigabit Ethernet via Intel Ethernet Controller I219LM with support for iAMT (Intel Active Management Technology), Wake on LAN, PXE
- 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet via Intel Ethernet Network Connection GPY215
- WiFi 5/6 or/and 4G/5G cellular via expansion socket with Nano SIM card slot
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 Type-A ports (10Gbps), 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports, 2x USB 2.0 via internal header
- Serial – 2x COM RS-232/422/485 (ESD 8KV)
- 1x M.2 Key B Socket (3042/3052)
- 1x M.2 Key E Socket (2230)
- Optional 2x SUMIT (Stackable Unified Module Interconnect Technology) A/B slots with customized chassis
- Security – Infineon SLB9670 TPM 2.0, SPI Interface
- Misc – Power, HDD, WWAN and WLAN LEDs, ITE IT8786E Embedded Controller, 16 mode ignition control, 2-pin remote switch, watchdog timer,
- Power Supply – Wide 9V to 55V DC-in via 3-pin terminal block with V+, V-, and GND
- Dimensions & weight
- Vecow SPC-7000 – 150.4 x 106.2mm x 48.1mm | 0.9 kg
- Vecow SPC-7100 – 150.4 x 106.2x 62.1mm | 1.3 kg
- Temperature Range
- Vecow SPC-7000 – Operating: -40°C to 70°C @ 15W TDP; storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Vecow SPC-7100 – Operating: -40°C to 85°C @ 15W TDP; storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Humidity – 5% to 95% Humidity, non-condensing
- Shock – IEC 60068-2-27; SSD: 50G @ wallmount, Half-sine, 11ms
- Vibration – IEC 60068-2-64; SSD: 5Grms, 5Hz to 500Hz, 3 Axis
- Certifications – CE, FCC, EN50155, EN50121-3-2
Both SPC-7000 and SPC-7100 have exactly the same specifications except for dimensions, weight, and temperature range. That’s because of a different cooling solution with SPC-7100 adding fins to the metal top cover for extra cooling.
Vecow Tiger Lake UP3 embedded PC box runs Windows 10 or Linux, and supports Intel OpenVino toolkit for AI applications. The box PC supports wall mounting using brackets, and the company provides optional DIN Rail and VESA mounts.
SUMIT A/B slots are very rarely seen, but it was defined by the now-apparently-defunct Small Form Factor Special Interest Group in 2008, and Vecow says it enables 10Gbit LAN, 10Gbit SFP+, 5G, SIM socket, PoE+, serial port, and video capture expansion as shown in the image below with Vecow EMBC-3000 Whiskey Lake SBC plus some SUMIT expansion boards.
It’s clear the “customized chassis” listed in the specs will be needed if one or more SUMIT expansion boards are needed.
As usual for this type of hardware, there’s no availability nor pricing information, but you can find further information and enquire about the rugged computers on the product page.