ZPE Systems Nodegrid Mini SR is a compact cloud-orchestrated gateway designed for the secure management of Internet of Things (IoT) and Operational Technology (OT) infrastructures.
Power by a dual-core Intel processor, the Linux-based device is equipped with 4GB RAM, a 16GB encrypted storage device, and whose hardware looks to be very similar to the Compulab Fitlet2 mini PC with two Gigabit Ethernet ports, four USB 3.0/2.0 ports, and optional support for WiFi 6 and 4G LTE.
ZPE Nodegrid mini SR specifications:
- SoC – Unnamed Intel x86 64-bit dual-core processor, most likely Intel Atom x5-E3930 dual-core Apollo Lake processor (upgrades can be provided)
- System Memory – 4GB DDR3
- Storage – 16 GB Self Encrypted Disk (SED), MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports with PoE
- Optional 802.11ax WiFi 6 and Bluetooth with two external antennas
- Optional 4G LTE cellular connectivity with a single SIM card slot, two external antennas for out-of-band access and failover operation
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports for sensors
- OOB Managed Power Devices – Vendor-neutral PDU support (IP and RS-232 serial via USB)
- Managed IPMI Devices – OpenBMC, HP iLO, Dell iDRAC, Supermicro/Quanta IPMI, IPMI 2.0 compatible devices, Cisco CIMC/UCS, IBM IMM, Oracle ILOM, EMC/NetApp Storage IPMI
- Managed Devices – Serial devices, USB devices, Network devices, PDU, and IPMI devices
- BIOS protection, TPM 2.0, UEFI secure boot, signed OS, geofencing
- X.509 SSH certificate support, 4096-bit encryption keys
- Selectable cryptographic protocols for SSH OpenSSL3 & HTTPS (TLSv1.3, TLSv1.2, TLSv1.1)
- Selectable cipher suite levels: high, medium, low, custom
- IPsec, WireGuard, OpenSSL VPN with support for multi-sites
- Firewall: IP packet & security filtering, IP forwarding support
- Misc – Kensington Lock, Power Plug Twist Lock, mechanical disabling of power button
- Power Supply – 7-20 VDC power input via 5.5/2.5mm DC jack (12V/3A power supply included)
- Power Consumption – 5W to 15W typical
- Dimensions – 112 x 84 x 34 mm
- Weight – 350 grams
- Temperature range & humidity
- Operation: 0 to 45°C; extended option: -20 to 70° C; 5-95% RH, non-cond.
- Storage: -40 to 85°C, 10-90% RH, non-cond.
- Shock and Vibration
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Vibration test: IEC TR 60721-4-7:2001+A1:03, Class 7M1, test method IEC 60068-2-64 (up to 2 KHz , 3 axis)
- Shock test: IEC TR 60721-4-7:2001+A1:03, Class 7M1, test method IEC 60068-2-27 (15g , 6 directions)
ZPE Nodegrid mini SR supports both DIN Rail and VESA Wall mount options. It runs the Linux-based Nodegrid OS 64-bit, connect to the ZPE Cloud, and can be controlled through a Web GUI management portal, a web console, a Command Line Interface (CLI), the Linux root shell, SNMP, and RESTful API. The solution also supports Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) via LAN/DHCP, WAN/ZPE Cloud, as well as USB for configuration & firmware updates.
The gateway is designed for Managed Service Providers (MSP) and Managed Security Services Providers (MSSP) who can use the device for out-of-band edge rack management with environmental sensor support, as a secure IoT/OT gateway with simple cloud orchestration, a secure work-from-anywhere gateway (home, car, temp office), a SCADA industrial OT/IoT zero-trust, pico segmentation gateway, and for medical and industrial device cloaking to prevent detection and exploitation, among other use cases.
More details can be found on the product page and the press release.
Thanks to TLS for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.