SolidRun Bedrock V3000 Basic is an industrial fanless computer based on the new AMD Ryzen Embedded V3000 Zen3 processor family designed for storage and networking applications.
More specifically, the embedded computer is based on the AMD Ryzen Embedded V3C48 octa-core/sixteen-thread processor with up to 64 GB DDR5 memory, support for up to three M.2 key-M 2280 NVMe SSDs, and impressive network connectivity options with two SFP+ cages capable of 10 Gbps speeds, four 2.5GbE RJ45 ports, and optional support for WiFi 6, 4G and/o 5G cellular connectivity.
Bedrock V3000 Basic specifications:
- SoC – AMD Ryzen Embedded V3000 family with up to 8C/16T Zen3+ cores @ up to 3.8 GHz; TDP: Up to 45W
- System Memory – Quad-channel DDR5-4800 up to 64 GB ECC / non-ECC via 2x SODIMM socket. The RAM is conduction-cooled
- 1x M.2 key-M 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x 4 socket, conduction-cooled, with optional power-loss protection
- 2x M.2 key-M 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x 4 sockets, conduction-cooled for extra storage
- Dual SPI FLASH for redundancy of AMI Aptio V BIOS/UEFI
- 2x 10 GbE SFP+ cages
- 4x 2.5 GbE RJ4 ports via Intel I226 controllers
- Optional WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 via Intel AX210 M.2 key-E 2230 module, 2x RP-SMA antennas
- Optional 4G / 5G cellular via Quectel M.2 key-B 3042 / 3052 module, 2x SMA antennas
- USB – 3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) ports, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Console – Mini USB port for serial console
- Misc – RTC with backup battery, Watchdog timer, TPM
- Power Supply – 12V-60V DC via Phoenix terminal or other DC connector upon request
- Tile – 160 x 130 x 29 mm (0.6 liter)
- 30W metal enclosure – 160 x 130 x 45 mm (0.9 liter)
- 60W metal enclosure – 160 x 130 x 73 mm (1.5 liters)
- Temperature range – Commercial: 0ºC to 70ºC; industrial: -40ºC to 85ºC (in 2023)
Three mounting options are available namely DIN-rail, wall, and table top. SolidRun offers two cooling solutions with 30W and 60W dissipation to meet a specific customer’s cooling requirement. The tile variant shown at the top can be fastened to a cold plate on the chassis of the customer’s product, and SolidRun also offers a “Deck concept” with the modules from the design for customers wanting to handle the cooling solution entirely by themselves.
Windows 10/11/IoT and Linux are supported, but the company says other x86 operating systems should work too. The computer will be used in harsh environments like factories, mining operations, etc… where high-speed networking and fast storage are required. Talking about performance, all we get for now is a Geekbench 5 chart comparing the AMD Ryzen Embedded V3000 to the Intel Xeon D-1541 and other Intel Atom processors typically used in networking applications: Atom C3958 and Atom x6425E.
There’s no available information, and unsurprisingly no public pricing for this type of hardware, but you can get more details and/or request a quote on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.