Kontron D3723-R is an industrial mini-ITX motherboard equipped with the just-announced AMD Ryzen Embedded R2000 processor family that delivers higher performance than Ryzen R1000 Series while keeping the costs lower than AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 solutions, and enabling Windows 11 support.
Manufactured in Germany, the Kontron D3723-R will be offered with Ryzen R2312, R2314, R2514 and R2544 SKUs, and be particularly suitable for embedded graphics applications such as professional casino gaming systems, medical displays, thin clients, industrial PCs, infotainment, and digital signage systems.
- SoC (one of the other)
- AMD Embedded R2312 dual-core/quad-thread processor @ 2.7 / 3.5 GHz (Turbo) with 3-core AMD Radeon Vega Graphics; 12-35W TDP
- AMD Embedded R2314 quad-core processor @ 2.1 / 3.5 GHz (Turbo) with 6-core AMD Radeon Vega Graphics; 12-35W TDP
- AMD Embedded R2514 quad-core/eight-thread processor @ 2.1 / 3.7 GHz (Turbo) with 8-core AMD Radeon Vega Graphics; 12-35W TDP
- AMD Embedded R2544 quad-core/eight-thread processor @ 3.35 / 3.7 GHz (Turbo) with 8-core AMD Radeon Vega Graphics; 35-54W TDP
- System Memory – 2x DDR4 2400/2666/3200 up to 32 GB; ECC Option
- Storage – 2x SATA III port with NCQ, AHCI; support for M.2 NVMe SSD
- Video Output
- Up to 4x DisplayPort 1.4
- 1x 4-lane eDP
- 1x LVDS
- Audio – Realtek ALC256 codec
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via Intel i210LM and Realtek RTL8111H controllers
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-A ports
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A ports
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen1 (by header)
- 2x USB 2.0 (by header)
- Serial – 1x RS232/422/485; 3x RS232 (2x by header)
- 1x M.2 Key-M (PCIe x4) with support for 2230/2242/2280 cards
- 1x M.2 Key-B (SATA or PCIe x2/x1, USB 2.0) with support for 2230/2242/2280 cards (Note: R2312 only supports PCIe x1)
- 1x mPCIe half-size/fullsize with PCIe x4 Gen3
- PCIe x4 slot; Note: in the R2312 model, the M.2 Key-M socket is shared with the PCIe x4 slot (M.2 or PCIe slot usable; BIOS setup option)
- GPIO header
- Misc – AMI Aptio 5.x (UEFI) BIOS, HW watchdog, RTC, 2x PWM fan
- Power Supply – 8-36 V DC up to 10A (125W) via power barrel jack or 4-pin connector
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (Mini-ITX form factor)
- Temperature Range – -10°C to 70°C
- Humidity – 5% to 85%
- Certifications – CE Class-B, FCC-B verified cTÜVus acc. IEC62368-1 planned
The Kontron D3723-R mini-ITX motherboard can support Windows 11, Windows 10, and Linux 64-bit through UEFI only, and does not support legacy OS or MBR installations. The company also offers the SMARTCASE S711 housing kit with vertical or horizontal stands, and designed for the company’s mini-ITX motherboards.
The Kontron D3723-R mini-ITX motherboard, like other Ryzen Embedded R2000 products, is not available yet, and the product page only shows it as “coming soon”.
Thanks to theguyuk for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.