TopTon TP-X4F is a mini PC and network appliance equipped with four 2.5GbE ports and powered by a choice of processors from the AMD Ryzen 5000U series up to the Ryzen 7 5825U octa-core-16-thread processor.
The system supports up to 64GB RAM and up to five high-speed internal SATA or NVMe storage devices through M.2 sockets and SATA connectors and comes with three 4K display interfaces: HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C, as well as four USB ports.
TopTon TP-X4F specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- Ryzen 5 5600U hexa-core/12-thread processor @ 2.3 GHz / 4.2 GHz with Radeon Vega 7 graphics @ 1.8 GHz; TDP: 10-25W (default: 15W)
- Ryzen 7 5800U octa-core/16-thread processor @ 1.9 GHz / 4.4 GHz with Radeon Vega 8 graphics @ 2.0 GHz; TDP: 10-25W (default: 15W)
- Ryzen 7 5825U octa-core/16-thread processor @ 2.0 GHz / 4.5 GHz with Radeon Vega 8 graphics @ 2.0 GHz; TDP: 10-25W (default: 15W)
- System Memory – Up to 64GB DDR4-3200 via two SO-DIMM sockets
- 2x M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4) socket for NVMe 2280 SSD (via M.2 2232 to 2280 adapter)
- 1x M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4) socket
- Internal 2.5-inch SATA 3.0 bay for SSD/HDD
- SATA 3.0 connectors for external drive accessible from “knock-out hole”.
- MicroSD card socket
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kp60
- DisplayPort 1.4 up to 4Kp60
- DisplayPort via USB Type-C up to 4Kp60
- Up to 3x independent displays
- 4x 2.5GbE via Intel i226-V controller and 2.5GbE UDE RJ45 jacks
- Optional WiFi and Bluetooth via M.2 Key-E 2232 socket (shared with storage option above)
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB Type-C port with power/data/DisplayPort Alt. mode
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – Power button, BIOS reset pinhole, watchdog, auto power on, RTC, PXE boot, Wake-on-LAN, cooling via “turbo silent fan with dual copper tube”
- Power Supply
- 12-19V DC input via DC jack OR
- USB Type-C port
- Dimensions – Mini PC: 168 x 131 x 60 mm; motherboard: 120 x 120 mm
The mini PC ships with a power adapter and cord, one M.2 2232 to 2280 adapter board, a SATA cable, a screw bag, and an internal 8010 fan as a “store gift”. The company claims the UDE RJ45 connectors allow the mini PC to deliver higher 2.5GbE performance than the typical 2.35 Gbps on other devices, and closer to 2.5 Gbps, but that claim seems dubious.
TopTon TP-X4F ships with Windows 11 Pro if you order it with RAM and memory, as opposed to the barebone variant, but the company says OPNsense 22.x, pfSense Plus, OpenWrt, ESXi, Proxmox, PVE, CentOS, and others should work provided is a recent version that includes drivers for the Intel i226-V 2.5GbE controller.
The mini is sold on Aliexpress for $345.85 and up with the price depending on the configuration. You can save a bit more using the Aliexpress mobile where you can allegedly get a $30 coupon together with a 4% discount.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.