We wrote about the low-cost T8-Pro Celeron N5095 mini PC with three HDMI outputs and two Gigabit Ethernet ports last week, but if you’d prefer a model with 2.5GbE networking instead, the Partaker J6412 might be a better, albeit costlier option, with still three displays support (2xDP, 1xHDMI), and three 2.5GbE ports.
As its name implies, the fanless mini PC/network appliance is powered by an Intel Celeron J6412 Elkhart Lake processor, coupled with up to 16GB DDR4 memory and a 512GB SSD, and it features six USB ports, plus an RS232 COM port.
Partaker J6412 specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron J6412 quad-core Elkhart Lake processor @ 2.0 GHz / 2.6GHz (Burst frequency) with 1.5MB cache, 16 EU Intel UHD Graphics; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 4GB, 8GB, or 16GB DDR4-3200 via 1x SO-DIMM socket upgradeable up to 32GB
- M.2 M-Key 2280 SATA socket
- 1x SATA III (6 Gb/s) port for 2.5-inch SSD or HDD
- Barebone or 128GB to 512GB SSD fitted
- Video Output
- 2x DisplayPort connectors
- 1x HDMI port
- Realtek ALC66 audio codec
- 3.5mm audio jack for headphone with microphone
- Digital audio output via HDMI/DP
- 3x 2.5GbE RJ45 ports via Intel i225-V controllers
- Optional WiFi and Bluetooth via M.2 module
- Optional 5G or 4G Cellular via M.2 card + SIM card slot
- USB – 3x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, 3x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial – RS232 DB9 COM port
- 1x M.2 2280 M-key socket (SATA)
- 1x M.2 3052 B-key socket (USB 3.0) + SIM card slot
- 1x M.2 2230 E-key socket for WiFi/Bt
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – Power button + LED, AMI BIOS/UEFI with auto power on, scheduled boot, Wake-on-LAN, PXE boot, Watchdog, etc..
- Power Supply – 12V DC-in
- Dimensions – 150 x 126.5 x 45 mm (aluminum case); Motherboard: 120x120mm
- Weight – 1 to 1.5 kg…
- Temperature Range – 0°C to +40°C (with commercial HDD); -20°C to +60°C (industrial SSD)
- Relative Humidity – 0% – 95%, non-condensing
The mini PC ships with a power adapter, a power cord, and a VESA bracket, and it’s mostly sold as a network appliance since the models with RAM and storage come pre-loaded with pfSense. But since we’ve got three video outputs here, it’s also possible to install Windows 10 or Windows 11, or Linux distributions such as Ubuntu. The company also mentions OPNsense and OpenWrt…
We’ve already seen Celeron J6412 Elkhart Lake motherboards with up to six 2.5GbE ports, but the Partaker J6421 mini PC is more affordable with pricing starting at $265.99 on Amazon for the barebone version. The ordering process is rather odd, as one has to click on “See All Buying Options” on the right to be able to add the device to the cart… Note that it ships from China as well.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
Can I win this one too? Would love to!! I’m from the Netherlands
Looking at the recent price S.Jobs sandals went for, Jean-Luc’s hat may be worth a pretty penny for a give-away :p I’m waiting to see more of these mini-PC’s adopt 20v/15v/12v usb-C power profiles to compliment their power-sipping attributes. Even with the lifepo4 portable solar generators with 12v-19v charging, usage of an inexpensive USBC to DC trigger keeps sanity with having to carry umpteen different power supplies/AC adaptors. (Not all cheap USBC to DC triggers are equal, but it would be cool to add to your testing setup to test for portable applications with the mini-PC’s when an SBC just… Read more »
Can this use a Coreboot bios?