Kontron D3724-R mSTX is an upcoming industrial Mini-STX motherboard powered by an AMD Ryzen Embedded R2000 Series SoC and designed for applications with high graphical requirements such as casino gaming, medical displays, thin clients, and compact industrial PCs.
The motherboard supports up to 32GB RAM, SATA & NVMe storage, and is equipped with up to three DisplayPort outputs, one HDMI port, as well as eDP and dual-channel LVDS interfaces to support up to four independent 4K displays.
Kontron D3724-R mSTX specifications:
- SoC (One or the other)
- D3724-R1 – AMD Embedded R2312 dual-core/quad-thread processor @ 2.7 / 3.5 GHz (Turbo) with 3-core AMD Radeon Vega Graphics; 12-35W TDP
- D3724-R2 – AMD Embedded R2314 quad-core processor @ 2.1 / 3.5 GHz (Turbo) with 6-core AMD Radeon Vega Graphics; 12-35W TDP
- D3724-R3 – AMD Embedded R2514 quad-core/eight-thread processor @ 2.1 / 3.7 GHz (Turbo) with 8-core AMD Radeon Vega Graphics; 12-35W TDP
- System Memory – 2x DDR4 2400/2666 SDRAM up to 32 GB
- Storage – 1x SATA III, M.2 Key M socket for NVMe SSD
- Up to 3x DPP V1.4 incl. DP++ support
- 1x HDMI V2.0b
- 1x embedded DP (eDP V1.4; supporting 4K resolutions; shared with DPP1)
- 1x Dual-Channel 24bit LVDS (shared with DPP3)
- Supported display combinations:
- D3724-R2/-R3: 1x DPP + HDMI + LVDS + eDP; 2x DPP + HDMI + LVDS; 2x DPP + HDMI + eDP; 3x DPP + HDMI
- D3724-R1: HDMI + LVDS + eDP; 1x DPP + HDMI + LVDS; 1x DPP + HDMI + eDP; 2x DPP + HDMI
- Realtek ALC256 HD stereo audio codec
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3.5mm stereo microphone jack
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RK45 ports via Intel i210 & Realtek RTL8111H controllers
- Optional WiFi and Bluetooth M.2 Key E module
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A ports, 3x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A ports, 1x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C ports, 2x USB 2.0 (by header)
- Serial – 1x RS232 (by header); 1x RS232/422/485 (by header)
- 1x M.2 PCIe x4 Key-M socket for 2230/2242/2280 SSD
- 1x M.2 WLAN/Bluetooth Key-E 2230 socket with support for PCIe x1 Gen3 + USB 2.0
- 8x GPIO via header
- AMI Aptio 5.x (UEFI) BIOS
- 3-level hardware watchdog
- Real-time clock
- 2x PWM fans for CPU and system
- Power button and LED
- Power Supply
- 12V DC or 19-28V DC via power barrel jack up to 5A (65W)
- 10V DC up to 10A (100W) via 4-pin micro-fit connector
- Dimensions – 148 x 140 mm (Mini-STX form factor)
- Temperature Range – -10 °C – 60 °C
- Humidity – 5%-85%
- Certifications – CE Class-B, UKCA, cTÜVus acc. IEC62368-1
The Ryzen R2000 mini-STX motherboard is designed for fanless operation, and Kontron provides support for Windows 10, Windows 11, and Linux 64-bit. If the name “D3724-R” sounds familiar, it’s because we previously wrote about the Kontron D3723-R mini-ITX board with very similar specifications. At 148x140mm, the mini-STX motherboard does offer a more compact form factor than the mini-ITX (170x170mm) motherboard, and Kontron also sells the SMARTCASE S511 chassis kit for the board.
We have not written about many mini-STX motherboards over the years, but we did cover another Ryzen Embedded mini-STX motherboard with the Sapphire FS-FP6 powered by the AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 processor family.
Kontron D3724-R mSTX motherboard will start sampling this month. It is listed on EMKO IPC and Review Display Systems (RDS) will also sell the system. Additional information may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.