esd electronics CAN-PCIeMiniHS/402 is a half-size mini PCIe card with four CAN FD Interfaces designed for embedded systems with one model adding extended temperature range support from -40C to 85°C.
The company also introduced the CAN-Mini/402-4-DSUB9-150mm adapter to more easily connect the four CAN network interfaces via DSUB9 connectors. It comes with four individual small adapter boards, each equipped with a DSUB9 plug and a jumper for selectable onboard CAN termination, as well as 150 mm long wires.
- 4x CAN FD interfaces according to ISO 11898-2, no galvanic isolation, bit rates from 10 Kbit/s up to 8 Mbit/s
- Bus mastering and local data management by FPGA (Intel Cyclone IV EP4CGX)
- PCIe Mini interface according to Mini Card Electromechanical Spec. R1.2
- Supports MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts)
- HW-Timestamp capable
- Dimensions – 30 mm x 27 mm (Half-size mini PCIe form factor)
- Temperature Range
- Standard – 0°C … +75°C
- Extended range: – -40°C … +85°C
The company provides Windows and Linux software drivers, as well as optional CAN layer 2 software drivers for real-time operating systems. A cross-platform software communication interface for CAN and CAN FD hardware, called the NTCAN API, is available for free in the Windows and Linux SDKs, but a license fee is required for real-time operating systems from QNX, RTX, or VxWorks.
You’ll find documentation, drivers, SDKs, and further hardware details on the product page. I was unable to find public pricing for the mini PCIe CAN FD card, and instead, you’re asked to at items to a “watchlist” before requesting a quote from the sales team.
Thanks to TLS for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.