We covered the actively-cooled reComputer J4012 Edge AI mini PC powered by Jetson Orin NX system-on-module last January, but Seeed Studio has now launched four fanless “reComputer Industrial” variants with an aluminum case, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, three USB 3.2 ports, an RS232/RS422/RS485 serial port, and a terminal block with four DI, four DO, and a CAN Bus.
The four different models simply use a different Jetson Xavier NX/Orin NX/Orin Nano module:
- reComputer Industrial J2011 – NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX 8GB with a 6-core NVIDIA Carmel Armv8.2 64-bit CPU, 384-core NVIDIA Volta GPU with 48 Tensor Cores delivering up to 21 TOPS of AI performance, 8GB LPDDR4x, 16 GB eMMC flash
- reComputer Industrial J3011 – NVIDIA Jetson Orin Nano NX 8GB with a 6-core Arm Cortex-A78AE Armv8.2 64-bit CPU, 1024-core NVIDIA Ampere GPU with 32 Tensor Cores delivering up to 40 TOPS of AI performance, 8GB LPDDR5
- reComputer Industrial J4011 – NVIDIA Jetson Orin NX 8GB with a 6-core Arm Cortex-A78AE Armv8.2 64-bit CPU, 1024-core NVIDIA Ampere GPU with 32 Tensor Cores delivering up to 70 TOPS of AI performance, 8GB LPDDR5
- reComputer Industrial J4012 – NVIDIA Jetson Orin NX 16GB with a 6-core Arm Cortex-A78AE Armv8.2 64-bit CPU, 1024-core NVIDIA Ampere GPU with 32 Tensor Cores delivering up to 100 TOPS of AI performance, 16GB LPDDR5
Two other models are also available, but only upon request: reComputer Industrial J2012 (Jetson Xavier NX 16 GB) and reComputer Industrial J3010 (Jetson Orin Nano 4GB).
Besides the different system-on-modules, all fanless reComputer Industrial models share the same specifications:
- Storage – M.2 Key – PCIe Gen4.0 SSD (M.2 NVMe 2280 SSD 128GB included)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 Type-A port
- Camera – 2x MIPI CSI (2-lane 15-pin connectors)
- 1x Gigabit Ehternet RJ45 port with PoE support (PSE 802.3 af 15W)
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- Optional WiFi and Bluetooth (soldered on board)
- Optional 4G LTE or 5G module via mini PCIe or M.2 socket, plus Nano SIM card slot
- Optional LoRaWAN mini PCIe module
- USB – 3x USB 3.2 Gen1, 1x USB 2.0 Type-C(Device mode), 1x USB 2.0 Type-C for debug UART & RP2040
- Serial – RS232/RS422/RS485 COM port (DB9)
- Terminal block with 4x DI, 4x DO, 3xGND_DI, 2xGND_DO, 1xGND_ISO, 1x CAN bus
- Mini PCIe socket for 4G LTE or LoRaWAN module
- M.2 Key-B socket for 4G/5G module optional
- Security – Optional TPM 2.0 via connector
- 5V PWM fan connector (not used in this design)
- RTC socket for CR1220 battery, 2-pin connector for RTC
- Power Supply – DC 12V-24V via 2-pin terminal block
- Dimensions – 159 x 155 x 57mm
- Weight – 1.57 kg
- Temperature range – -20 ~ 60°C with 0.7m/s airflow
- Humidity – 95% @ 40 °C (non-condensing)
- Vibration – 3 Grms @ 5 ~ 500 Hz, random, 1 hr/axis
- Shock – 50G peak acceleration (11 msec)
- Certifications – FCC, CE, RoHS, UKCA
The reComputer Industrial ships with two mounting brackets (for VESA and/or wall mounting), a DIN rail bracket, a few screws, a 16-pin terminal block to easily connect the DIOs, a 19V power adapter without a power cord, and a 2-pin terminal block power connector.
The computer comes with the latest Ubuntu 20.04-based Jetpack 5.1 SDK including CUDA-X accelerated libraries, a Linux Driver package for the Linux kernel, the bootloader, NVIDIA drivers, flashing utilities, sample filesystem, and toolchains. The fanless computer also works with frameworks such as the NVIDIA DeepStream SDK, TAO Toolkit, and NVIDIA Riva Speech AI applications for AI-based multi-sensor processing, model training acceleration, and speech recognition.
Seeed Studio sells the NVIDIA Jetson-based reComputer Industrial Edge AI systems for $899 to $1,199 plus shipping with a 2-year warranty, but note that the computers all ship from a warehouse in China, so making use of the warranty may be complicated/costly.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.