We’ve covered several Intel Processor N100 mini PC, mostly from smaller Chinese companies with models such as the Morefine M9, the ZX01 Plus/Topton M6S, or the Beelink EQ12 which we reviewed with Windows 11, TrueNAS, pfSense, Ubuntu, etc…
But if you prefer to rely on more established brands, the MSI Cubi N ADL is an option for $289 on Amazon with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage, or the ASUS ExpertCenter PN42 fanless Intel N100 mini PC which is now listed for pre-order on B&H for $220 and up.
ASUS ExperCenter PN42 specifications:
- SoC – Intel Processor N100 quad-core Alder Lake-N processor @ up to 3.4 GHz (Turbo) with 6MB cache, 24EU Intel HD graphics; TDP: 6W
- System Memory – Up to 16GB single-channel DDR4 3200MHz memory via one SO-DIMM socket
- Storage – 1x M.2 22080 PCIe 3.0 x4 socket for NVMe SSD
- Video Output
- DisplayPort 1.4 up to 4Kp60
- Configurable port with extra DP 1.4 port, VGA connector, or USB-C port (DP 1.2 Alt Mode)
- Support for up to three independent displays (depending on configurable port option)
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, 3.5mm microphone input jack, digital audio output via HDMI or DisplayPort
- 2x 2.5GbE Ethernet RJ45 ports
- WiFi 6E (802.11ax) and Bluetooth 5.2
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports, 3x USB 2.0 Type-A ports; USB-C port via configurable port option
- Serial – Optional COM port (DB9) via configurable port option
- Misc – Power button, infrared receiver, Kensington lock slot, pad-lock
- Power Adapter – 65W with power barrel
- Dimensions – 172.5 x 132 x 57.7 mm
- Weight – 840 grams
- Temperature Range – 0 to 50°C
- Humidity – 0 to 95%
- Certifications – BSMI, CB, CE, FCC, UL, CCC, ENERGY STAR, C-Tick, VCCI
B&H is taking pre-orders for four different models, namely three barebones with either a COM port, a USB-C port, or a DisplayPort 1.4 installed in the “configurable port” location, and one system with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage preloaded with Windows 11 Pro that sells for $270. But there are more options since the bottom left connector can also be an extra HDMI connector or a VGA port as explained on the product page on the ASUS website. The product page also reveals the PN42 mini PC will also be sold with an Intel Processor N200 Alder Lake-N SoC, and it does show up on Amazon Germany as “currently unavailable”.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.