All kits on offer are fitted with seven Sipeed LM4A system-on-modules based on the T-Head TH1520 quad-core RISC-V processor in either 8GB/32GB or 16GB/128GB memory and storage configuration.
Lichee Cluster 4A specifications:
- SoM – 7x Sipeed LM4A modules with Alibaba T-Head TH1520 processor (4x C910 @ 1.85GHz) and a total of either 56 or 112GB LPDDR4X, and 224GB or 869GB eMMC flash
- Storage – 7x microSD card slots, one per slot
- Video Output – 1x HDMI port connected to slot 1
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port for the cluster
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port for slot 1 only
- 1x Ethernet for BMC control
- 7x USB 3.0 ports, one per slot
- 1x USB 2.0 port for BMC
- Power Supply – 12V DC input or 1U Power Module; At least 60W, recommended >= 90W
- Motherboard 17 x 17 cm (Mini-ITX form factor)
- Box – 20 x 12 x 22 cm
All configurations ship with Debian with distcc and Zabbix pre-installed for demonstration. A Linux 6.4 kernel build is said to take 15 minutes with seven modules and native RISC-V development is the main target application of this system.
The wiki specific to the cluster board has yet to be translated into English, so for now, you’ll find the documentation in Chinese only. The documentation for the LM4A SoM has already been translated into English since the RISC-V CPU module has been available for a little longer.
Four different configurations are offered on Aliexpress:
- $929 for a mini-ITX cluster board with 7x LM4A RISC-V module in 8GB/32GB configuration
- $1,239 for a mini-ITX cluster board with 7x LM4A RISC-V module in 16GB/128GB configuration
- $965 for a cluster box with seven 8GB/32GB modules
- $1,288 for a cluster box with seven 16GB/128GB modules
You can also purchase the modules individually for $108 (8GB/32GB) and $155 (16GB/128GB) respectively. But note that only the cluster boxes are in stock at the time of writing and prices don’t include shipping and potential taxes.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.