Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Mini-ITX Development Board
Avnet has recently introduced Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Mini-ITX Development Board powered by the top of the range Xilinx Zynq-7045 or Zynq-7100 dual ARM Cortex A9 + FPGA SoC with 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM, PCIe Gen2 x16 Root Complex slot (x4 electrical), SATA-III interface, 10/100/1000 Ethernet PHY, and more. Target applications include PCI Express, embedded controllers, general-purpose prototyping, networking and communications, storage and servers and video applications.
Here are the motherboard specifications:
- SoC – Xilinx XC7Z045/XC7Z100-2FFG900 dual core ARM Cortex A9 @ 800 MHz + Kintex-7 FPGA with respectively 350K Logic Cells (~5.2M gates) and 444K Logic Cells (~6.6M gates).
- System Memory – 1 GB PS DDR3 SDRAM, 1 GB PL DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – 32 MB of QSPI Flash, 8 KB of I2C EEPROM, SATA-III Interface, and microSD Card Interface
- Real-Time Clock
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000 Ethernet Interface
- Video – LVDS Touch Panel Interface, HDMI Interface
- Audio – Audio input and output, audio Codec
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 hub
- Expansion connectors:
- Debugging – Xilinx PC4 JTAG connector, processor PJTAG header, USB-UART Interface, Digilent USB-JTAG Module (JTAG-SMT2)
- Clocks – Programmable GTX clock, 200 MHz LVDS oscillator
- Misc – User LEDs and Switches, RTC
- Dimensions – mini-ITX (17 x 17 cm)
Zynq-7000 mini-ITX motherboard will be support by Zedboard community who already handled Zedboard and microZed low cost development board based on the lower-end Zynq-7010 and Zynq-7020 SoCs. You’ll find the BoM for both boards and the schematics (PDF) On Zedboard mini-ITX page. There’s nothing I could find about OS support, but it will certainly run Linux just like the other two boards.
The mini-ITX boards are sold in three type of packages:
- Board Kit – Mini-ITX development board, 2x micro USB cables, 4 GB microSD card, Xilinx Vivado Design Edition software license voucher (device locked to 7Z045 or 7Z100), Getting started card, and
downloadable documentation and reference designs
- Base Kit – Content of Board Kit + 200W ATX power supply
- System Kit – Content of Base Kit + Mini-ITX Chassis + 500 GB SATA-II Hard Drive
Zynq-7000 mini-ITX board kits are available now from Avnet for prices ranging from about $2,000 to $2,500. If you think this is expensive, the board may actually be sponsored, as according to Octopart, XC7Z100-2FFG900i costs nearly $5,000.
Via DSPEmbedded twitter.