EnSilica has introduced the eSi-ZM1 SoM powered by Zynq ZC7Z020 SoC featuring 2 ARM Cortex A9 core, and an Artix-7 FPGA with 85K logic cells. The module also comes with 1GB RAM, 1GB NAND flash, and 16MB QSPI Boot Flash. ZC7Z020 SoC is notably used in ZedBoard development board, so if you have developed an application around this board, and want to commercialize it, using eSi-ZM1 module with your own custom baseboard could be an option.
eSi-ZM1 system-on-module specifications:
- SoC – Xilinx Zynq XC7Z020 dual-core Cortex A9 processor @ 666 MHz, 85 K logic cells, 560 KB block RAM, and 220 DSP Slices. CLG484 package type
- System Memory – 1 GB, 1.35 V, 32-bit wide DDR3 SDRAM @ 533 MHz
- 1 GB, 1.8 V, 8-bit wide NAND FLASH
- 16 MB QSPI flash
- 1 or 2 Kb I2C EEPROM (and not 1MB as mentioned in the block diagram )
- uSD card slot
- Connectivity – RGMII Gigabit Ethernet PHY with 1588 time stamping
- USB – 4-port USB 2.0 hub
- I/O – Up to 8 differential analogue inputs, 12 MIO pins, 134 EMIO pins with user defined I/O voltage
- Debugging – PJTAG debug connector, UART for terminal connection
- Misc – Real Time Clock
- Power – Single 3.3 V supply
- Dimensions – 82 mm x 50 mm
- SoM Connector – MXM 3.0
- Temperature Range – Commercial and Industrial grade
The module is targeted at both commercial and industrial applications for automotive electronics, consumer electronics, industrial automation, broadcast, medical imaging and wired communications, and the company claims it has already been successfully deployed in a number of production products including a radar and media server.
EnSilica provides a BSP for eSi-ZM1, and embedded Linux is pre-loaded on SD card.
Further information may be available on EnSilica eSi-Modules page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|