Emac announced the SoM-3517M, a System-on-Module (SoM) based on TI AM3517 Cortex-A8 processor clocked at 600 MHz. This SOM has an Ethernet PHY included along with 4 serial ports. It supports up to 512MB of external DDR2 SDRAM, 1GB of NAND Flash, 2GB of eMMC Flash.
Here are SOM-3517M specifications:
- CPU: TI ARM Cortex-A8 600 MHZ Fanless processor
- System Memory: Up to 512 MB of DDR2 SDRAM (default: 256 MB)
- Up to 1 GB of NAND Flash (default: 256 MB)
- UP to 4 GB of eMMC Flash (default: 2 GB)
- LCD Interface – 16-bit DSTN/TFT
- Graphics: 2D/3D Accelerated Video w/ Resistive Touch
- Connectivity: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
- I/O interfaces:
- 4 Serial Ports
- 2 Full Speed USB 1.1/2.0 Host ports
- 1 Full Speed USB OTG port
- 2 I2C and 2 SPI ports
- I2S Audio port
- High-End CAN Controller CAN 2.0B Controller
- Timer/Counters and Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) ports
- 1 Channel, 12-bit Analog-to-Digital converter
- Sensors: On-module Temperature Sensor
- Dimensions: 200-pin SODIMM form factor (2.66″ x 2.375″)
- Operating Systems: Linux, Real Time Linux & WinCE 6.0 BSP
EMAC provides a Linux SDK based on the OpenEmbedded Linux build system. The current kernel is Linux 2.6.37 or higher patched to support the SOM-3517. Development can be done via the Eclipse IDE and the SDK also contains source examples for the LCD with Touchscreen, Digital I/O ports, SPI, SD/MMC, and Audio for both the EMAC SoM-200ES (The recommended carrier board) and SoM-3517.
The company also offers a real-time framework for Linux (Xenomai) in order to provide hard real-time support to user-space applications.
The SDK includes the following components:
- Bootloader: Resident Flash Bootloader (uboot with extensions)
- Operating System: Linux
- Programming Languages: GNU GCC C compiler GDB Debugger
- Networking: Full resident TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated Development Environment: Eclipse 3.3 or higher
- Drivers: Serial RS232/422/485, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, Audio, Graphic LCD, Touchscreen, Multi-Media Card/Secure Digital (MMC/SD), A/D, PWM, and General Purpose I/O.
- Applications: Ash shell, Telnet Server, FTP Server, Web Server, and Test Programs
The module can be programmed via the RS232 com port, the USB device port or the JTAG port.
The company did not provide availability or pricing information for the SoM-3517M (You can to call them to get the price). The SoM-250ES carrier board costs 199 USD. The SoM-250ES is also sold as a kit with a 7″ LCD for 399 USD.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|