Gocal Europe is a dutch company with offices in Shenzhen and Hong Kong providing OEM/ODM high tech solutions such as digital signage and Android TV solutions including players as well as software solutions via HelloTV.
The company has 2 digital signage players running Android 4.0 (ICS):
This player is based on AMLogic AML8726M3 and features 1GB RAM, 4GB flash, HDMI IN and HMDI OUT.
Here are the device specifications:
- CPU – AMLogic AM8726 M3 (ARM Cortex A9) @ 1GHz with Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 1 GB
- Flash – 4 GB
- Video Container Formats – avi, mpeg, vob,mkv, ts, m2ts, wmv and rm
- Video Codecs – MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, MPEG2-HD and VC-1.
- Audio Formats – MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, OGG, AC3, DTS, ACC and APE
- External Storage – SD, SDHC and MMC cards.
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 Host ports
- Connectivity – Ethernet 10/100 Mbps, WiFi and Bluetooth
- Video I/F – HDMI 1.3 OUT up to 1080p and HDMI 1.3 IN up to 1080p
- Audio I/F – Optical (SPDIF)
- Dimension – 200 x 200 x 32 mm
- Power – 12V / 1.5 A
- GOCAL ANDROID HDMI- Dongle
The second digital signage player has an HDMI dongle form factor which is becoming more and more common. The hardware also appears to be based on AMLogic processor. Here are the key features for this digital signage dongle:
- ARM Cortex A9 1GHz processor with Mali 400 GPU
- Wi-Fi connection (802.11b/g/n)
- Full HD 1080p playback via HDMI
- 1x Mini USB port for power (so no MHL support here)
- 1x USB host port for peripherals such as external HDD
- 1x Micro SD card slot
- IR receiver port
Both devices run a rooted Android stock version so that their customers can easily install which ever applications they require.
Both devices could also be used as an Android TV device (and later Google TV).
As mentioned above HelloTV is the content management software used with Gocal hardware players. The system is web based and by looking at the screenshots it seems to work in a fashion somewhat similar to Xibo Dashboard.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.