Samsung has announced the first Cortex A15 development board available for purchase. Like the Origen board, Arndale development board has been designed by InSignal and features a dual core Exynos 5 (5250) cortex A15 processor @ 1.7 GHz, 2 GB RAM, internal storage via eMMC and plenty of ports. The development kit is composed of a CPU module (Exynos 5 , RAM and PMC) and a baseboard.
Here are Arndale development board specifications:
- CPU Board
- Exynos 5 [email protected] GHz dual core
- 2GB 32-bit 800 MHz LPDDR3/LPDDR2
- Base Board
- Accelerator : Invensence MPU-6050
- Gyro : Invensence MPU-6050
- e-Compass : AKM -AK8963C
- Camera Interfaces: ITU 601, MIPI CSI
- Video Ouput:
- HDMI 1.4 interface (micro HDMI)
- 1 channel eDP output Single WQXGA
- MIPI DSI interface
- 1x USB3.0 Host
- 2x USB2.0 Host
- 1x USB 2.0 OTG
- SATA 1.0/2.0/3.0 interface
- 1 channel eMMC 4.5
- 1 channel SDIO 3.0
- 2 channel SD 2.0 (microSD slot)
- 4 channel high-speed UART(up to 3Mbps data rate for Bluetooth 2.0 EDR and IrDA 1.0SIR)
- 3 channel high-speed SPI
- 3 channel 24-bit I2S audio interface
- 4 channel I2C interface support , up to 400kbps
- 4 channel HS-I2C up to 3.1Mps
- 10/100 Mb Ethernet
4 “optional” board are also available:
- Sound board with Wolfson WM1811A Multi-Channel Audio Hub CODEC
- Connectivity board (WiFi/Bt/GPS) with Samsung SWB-A51H (ATHEROS AR6003) for Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity and CSR G05t for GPS support
- Camera board – 5M Pixel Camera capable of 15fps full resolution and 120 fps QVGA video capture.
- Display board -7″ Capacitive touch LCD
See the block diagram below for an overview of the complete development kit including CPU modules, main board and optional boards.
Samsung provides pre-built images of U-boot 2010. 12, kernel 3.0.31 and Android 4.11.r4, which can be downloaded from their resources section, and plan to release the source code in December. Hardware schematics are also available for download (except for the CPU module), and there’s already some documentation also it looks like work in progress. [Update: While checking out if Linaro was involved with this board, I found out they are, and provides Ubuntu server for the Arndale board]
The basic package (ARNDALE-5250-A) comes with the CPU module, the base board and the sound and connectivity boards (which are not really optional after all) and it sells today for $249. Shipments are expected to start on the 20th of November. If you go to ARM Techcon 2012 next week, you may also get one for free.
Update: Charbax video about Armdale board at ARM Techcon 2012.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|