Variscite has unveiled a new series of system on modules powered by Freescale i.MX6 Solo, Dual, DualLite and Quad processors with 512 to 2048 MB DDR3 RAM, and 128 to 1024MB SLC NAND Flash.
Here are the modules key features:
- SoC – Freescale i.MX 6 series SoC (Single/Dual /Quad ARM® Cortex™-A9 Core, 1.2 Ghz)
- System Memory • Up to 16 Gb DDR3 RAM
- Storage – Up to 8 Gb NAND Flash for storage memory/boot
- Video Output:
- 2 x LVDS display interface
- HDMI V1.4 i nterface
- 1 x MIPI DSI
- Touch panel interface
- Camera – Parallel & serial camera interface (CSI)
- On-board 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet PHY
- WLAN (802.11 b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- USB – 1 x USB 2.0 host, 1 x OTG
- Audio – Stereo line -In/out, digital & analog microphone, and S/PDIF In/Out
- Other interfaces:
- 2 x SD/MMC
- Serial interfaces ( SPI , I2C, UART, I2S,)
- 2x CAN Bus
- PCIE v2.0
- Power – Single 3.3 V power supply
- Dimensions – 67 mm x 51 mm , SO-DIMM Connector
- Temperature ranges – Commercial (0 to 70°C), Extended (-20 to 70°C(, and Industrial (-40 to 85°C).
The company provides Linux kernel 3.0.35, Windows Embedded Compact 7 and Android 4.03 (ICS) for the boards. Datasheets for the SoM and the “custom board” (Carrier board for VAR-SOM-MX6 V1.0), schematics for the carrier board, and 3D and DXF mechanical drawings for the modules are available on Variscite website.
The modules are available now and pricing starts at $59. You can find more information on Variscite VAR-SOM-MX6 page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.