Ten days ago, I wrote about ARMBrix Zero, the cheapest Cortex A15 board (soon to be) available based on Samsung Exynos 5250 processor. It is now available for pre-order, and the company organizes a raffle to send a free ARMBRIX Zero board to the winner.
I’ve received some updated specifications, although we don’t learn much more:
- CPU – Exynos 5 Dual ARM Cortex A15 Dual
- GPU – Mali T604 Embedded GPU
- Memory – 2GB DDR3 X32, 800MHz
- Storage – MicroSD slot
- Audio – ALC5631Q Line In/Out, SPDIF Coaxial type
- Video – HDMI A Type
- External Ports:
- 2x USB2.0 Host
- 1x USB3.0 Host
- 1x USB2.0 Device
- 1x SATA
- 1x Ethernet RJ45
- Expansions – 3 Headers
(Further details should be available later this week)
- CON16 – MIPI Master/Slave, 1x I2C, GPIO
- CON19 – 3x serial interfaces, 2x I2C, 2x ADC, JTAG, USB, MMC, and reset
- CON20 – I2S, Interrupt and GPIO pins, and System bus (EBI)
- Power Supply – DC 5V, 3A
- PCB Dimension – 95X85mm
- Weight – 166 g
- OS Support – Android JB+ (4.2.x), Linux and Ubuntu
ARMBRIX Zero is available for for $135 for pre-oder. 1,000 pieces are available for this price on howchip.com, after the board will be sold for $145. Shipping via Fedex is about $35 to $45 depending on destination (I only checked 2 countries), and you’ll need to wait around 12 weeks to get your order shipped.
It also possible to receiving a free ARMBRIX Zero if you represent a company. First you need to provide the following information to [email protected] by December 31, 2012:
- Company Name & Address
- Contact details: name, phone number and company email
- Description of business opportunity based on ARMBRIX Zero.
ARMBrix will then evaluate proposals on January 15, 2013, and send a free ARMBRIX Zero on January 25, 2013.
The first prototype of the board will be available early January 2013, and the board will be showcased at CES 2013.
Update: Picture of the bare PCB below.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|