VIA Technologies has recently announced the VIA ARMOS-800, an fanless system designed around VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX board powered by Freescale i.MX537 processor. The VIA ARMOS-800 provides a ruggedized low-power system for industrial and in-vehicle applications such as a digital signage.
Here are VIA ARMOS-800 specifications:
- Processor – 800MHz Freescale Cortex-A8 single core i.MX537
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3-800 SDRAM using 128M x16 memory devices
- Storage – 4GB onboard eMMC Flash memory + ob-board micro SD connector
- Graphics – Supports two integrated graphics processing units: an OpenGL ES 2.0 3D graphics accelerator and an OpenVGTM 1.1 2D graphics accelerator
- Video Output – VGA and HDMI
- Audio I/O – Line-In, Line-out, Mic-in connectors
- Ethernet – 10/100 PHY transceiver (SMSC LAN8720A)
- Wi-Fi – Optional VIA 802.11n Wireless module VNT 9271
- USB – 3x USB connectors + 1x on-board USB 2.0 pin header
- COM – 1x D-Sub 9-pin female connector
- CAN – 1x D-Sub 9-pin female connector (TI SN65HVD1050 CAN transceiver)
- GPIO – 1x D-Sub 9-pin female connector (GPI x4 + GPO x4)
- Misc – Integrated Watchdog timer, red & green LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V DC. Typical power consumption: 3.14W
- Dimensions – 150 mm (W) x 45 mm (H) x 108 mm (D)
- Operating Temperature – VGA: 40°C up to 80 °C | HDMI: 20°C ~80°C
VIA provides support for Android 2.3 and Embedded Linux 2.6 for this embedded platform. You can find more information on ARMOS-800 product page.
Via: Embedded Star
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|