VIA Technologies has announced the VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX board powered by a Freescale i.MX537 (ARM Cortex A8) processor clocked at 800MHz or 1GHz depending on the requirements, with 1GB DDR3-800 SDRAM and support for eMMC Flash with a capacity of up to 64 GB. The VIA VAB-800 is an industrial board that can operate in a wide temperature range and targets high-end industrial and in-vehicle embedded applications.
Here are the specs of the board:
- Processor – Freescale Cortex-A8 single core iMX537 @800MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3-800 SDRAM, using 128M x16 memory devices
- Flash – eMMC Flash, up to 64GB
- Graphics – Supports two independent, integrated graphics processing units: an OpenGL® ES 2.0, 3D graphics accelerator and an OpenVG™ 1.1 2D graphics accelerator
- Ethernet – SMSC LAN8720A 10/100 PHY transceiver with HP Auto-MDIX support
- Audio – Freescale SGTL5000 low power stereo codec with headphone amp
- HDMI – Silicon image SiI9024A HDMI transmitter
- CAN – TI SN65HVD1050 EMC optimized CAN transceiver
- USB – Hub SMSC USB 2.0 high speed 4-port hub controller
- Onboard I/O
- SATA I connector with voltage select jumper
- SATA DOM power supply connector
- 2 x COM connectors with power supply (one supports 8-wire, another supports 4-wire)
- 2 x Single-channel, 18/24-bit LVDS connectors
- CMOS sensor connector for BT.656 camera module
- RTC battery connector
- Front audio pin header for line-in, line-out and MIC-in
- JTAG connector
- 2 x Boot flash select pin headers
- Miscellaneous pin header for 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB device port, 2 CAN bus ports, system power-on and reset
- Miscellaneous pin header for 1 SDIO port, 4-wire resistive touch screen interface, 1 I2C pair and 8 GPIOs
- 5V DC-in power connector
- Back Panel I/O
- VGA port
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- Mini HDMI port
- RJ-45 LAN port
- Watch Dog Timer
- Power – 2W typical, 5W max.
- Operating Temperature – 0 ~ 60°C (-20°C ~ 70°C for option)
- Operating Humidity – 0% ~ 95% (relative humidity ; non-condensing)
- Dimension: 10 cm x 7.2 cm (Pico-ITX)
The company provides Android 2.3, Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Embedded Compact 7 (through third party) BSPs for the board.
VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX board samples are available now. You can find more information on VIA VAB-800 page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|