MEN Mikro Elektronik Gmbh, a German company specialized in industrial embedded boards and systems, has recently unveils BL50W, an embedded PC powered by AMD G-Series APU targeting wireless applications for transportation: trains, buses, construction and agricultural machines or airplanes. The rugged device provides nine antenna slots, with support for up to 8 SIM cards and a GPS interface.
- Processor – AMD G-Series single or dual core APU from AMD T24L to AMD T56N (13 Processor options). The standard version comes with AMG G-series T48N Dual Core processor @ 1.4 GHz with AMD Radeon HD 6310 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 SDRAM (4GB optional)
- Storage – SD card slot, mSATA slot (Up to 3Gb/s), and SATA 3.0 (Up to 6Gb/s)
- Graphics – Radeon HD 6310 GPU by default with dual independent display support, dual DisplayPorts, and 2560×1600 maximum resolution.
- Video – Dedicated hardware (UVD 3) for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG2 decoding, HD HQV and SD HQV support (noise removal, detail enhancement, color enhancement, cadence detection, sharpness, and advanced de-interlacing ), and super up-conversion for SD to HD resolutions
- Front I/O:
- 2x DisplayPort 1.1a interfaces with AUX channels and hot plug detection
- 1x HD audio – HD audio codec, Audio stereo in and out, SPDIF out
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet via M12 connectors
- 2x USB 2.0
- 7x general purpose inputs
- 2x relay outputs
- 2x photo couplers (shutters)
- 1x odometer input
- 1x IBIS slave interface up to 19.2 kBaud
- GPS/GLONASS interface (A-GPS, DGPS)
- Serial – RS232, RS422/485, 2x SA-Adapter slots for legacy serial I/O
- 1x SA-Adapter slot for CAN
- 14x status LEDs – 4x for Ethernet link and activity status, 2x for general board status, and 8x user LEDs
- 4x PCI Express Mini Card slots for functions such as Wi-Fi, WIMAX, GSM/GPRS, UMTS with 2 SIM card slots for each PCI Express Mini Card
- Real-Time Clock – Buffered by Gold Cap for up to 12h (Upgradeable to 72h)
- Supply voltage – 24V and 36V nominal input voltage according to EN50155, 24V nominal input voltage according to e1 (automotive), and 10 to 50.4 V input voltage range. Optionally Input voltages of 48V, 72V and 110V are also supported.
- Temperature Range – -40°C to 70°C (screened), with up to 85°C for 10 minutes according to class Tx (EN 50155). Fanless operation.
- Dimensions – Height 60mm x Width 400mm x Length 240mm
BL50W supports InsydeH2O UEFI Framework, as well as Windows 7, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows XP Embedded and Linux operating systems.
Further information, including Windows and Linux drivers, and a product brief, is available on MEN Mikro Electronik BL50W page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|