Last year, I wrote about DVB-S2 Android STB that are just like your typical Android media player except they allow you to connect your dish antenna to receive TV channels available via satellite. They were all based on AMLogic AML8726-M1/M3 single core processor, and I could not find an sellers at the time. There’s now a new model called EM6-S2 featuring AML8726-MX dual core processor, Android 4.2, and a DVB-S2 receiver with two antenna inputs that available on Aliexpress for
$92.90 $84 from a seller with good feedback, as well as Geekbuying for $97.29.
- SoC – AMLogic AML8726-MX dual cortex A9 @ 1.5 GHz + Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 8GB NAND FLASH + SD card reader
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4, AV
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical SPDIF. DOLBY TrueHD and DTS HD DOLBY TrueHD and DTS HD pass-through via HDMI (and SPDIF?)
- USB – 2x USB host ports
- DVB-S2 Support with DTV IN and OUT
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Misc – Power Indicator (LED). ON :blue, Standby :Red
- Power Supply – 12V/1.5A
The device runs Android 4.2.2, and comes with an IR remote, a 12V/1.5A power adapter, AV and HDMI cables, and a user’s manual in English. I’m not exactly sure which application is used to watch TV, and/if this works with XBMC Android. The manufacturer appears to be Eny Technology, and they also make EM6-T2 with DVB-T2 support which sells for a little over $90 on Aliexpress and Geekbuying.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|