The fourth prize for this week is Matricom Gbox Midnight MX2, an Android TV box powered by Amlogic AML8726-MX dual core processor with 1GB RAM, 4GB flash, HDMI and AV output, optical S/PDIF, Wi-Fi and Ethernet, and 4 USB ports. The company had specifically worked on the XBMC port at the time, and I found it did a pretty good job.
I tested the device in May of last, and I found the firmware to be very stable and responsive, and XBMC works as expected, supporting most video files without issues, except some MPEG-2 had aspect ratio issues,, RMVB files would make XBMC exit, and WebM 1080p could not be played smoothly due to software decode for this particular codec. It could decode all high-end audio codecs such as DTS and Dolby just fine. I did have problems with composite and component outputs but it must have been fixed now. It also had very good Wi-Fi performance until I upgraded my Wi-Fi router and Wi-Fi throughput took a hit, but was still usable. The other nice thing about this device is support for OTA updates, and albeit the device was released around May 2013, the firmware is still continuously improved, and the latest Beta 1.1.9 has been announced on June 14 in Matricom forums.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment below.
Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10am (Bangkok time) every day. Comments will be closed after 48 hours.
- Winners will be selected with
- I’ll contact the winners by email or Facebook, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another one.
- Free for winners with a shipping address in Thailand
- Flat fee of $17 for the rest of the world payable via Paypal within 48 hours once the contest is complete, or I’ll pick another winner.
- I’ll post all 8 prizes at the same time, so around the 25th of June, using Airmail (Small Packet) with tracking.
- I’ll make sure we have 8 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this week giveaway, I’ll draw another person.
Matricom Gbox Midnight MX2 can be purchased on Amazon for $105.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|