The sixth prize of this giveaway week on CNX Software will be Jynxbox Live. It’s a standard Android TV box based on Rockchip RK3066 dual core processor, except it has software that normally allowing live streaming of about 300 TV channels around the world, and sells at a steep price compared to Android media player based on similar hardware.
However after installing the Live TV app, which is not included when the box ships, possibly due to legal reasons, I could only load 10 TV channels, and none of them would play. I’m not exactly sure why, maybe their server is blocked from Thailand, as other users reported the box worked just fine. There’s no Google Play store pre-installed in the box, only Jynx Market with a limited number of applications, so you may have to install another market (Amazon, Yandex, Google Play..) by yourself.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment below.
Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10am (Bangkok time) every day. Comments will be closed after 48 hours.
- Winners will be selected with
- I’ll contact the winners by email or Facebook, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another one.
- Free for winners with a shipping address in Thailand
- Flat fee of $19 for the rest of the world payable via Paypal within 48 hours once the contest is complete, or I’ll pick another winner.
- I’ll post all 8 prizes at the same time, so around the 25th of June, using Airmail (Small Packet) with tracking.
- I’ll make sure we have 8 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this week giveaway, I’ll draw another person.
When I received the box it sold for $350, but it’s now available for $192 on Amazon, or $199.99 on Theaterinabox, the company which sent me the sample. There are some rumors that the live TV channels are only available for a year on the box (TBC).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|