Up to now at least three boards based on Allwinner A80 processor were available: A80 OptimusBoard by Merrii, pCDuino8 by Linksprite, and Cubieboard4 by Cubitech, and the first two boards are basically the same. Merrii has now introduced a new board which they call “A80 Hummingbird H8”, with more features and ports including HDMI, VGA and eDP video outputs, LVDS / MIPI DSI display interfaces, MIPI CSI camera interface, an RTC with battery and more.
Merri H8 specifications:
- SoC – AllWinner A80 octa-core processor with 4x Cortex 15, 4x Cortex A7 cores in big.LITTLE configuration with Imagination Technologies PowerVR GC6230 GPU compliant with OpenGL ES 3.0/2.0/11, OpenCL 1.1, and DirectX 9.3
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB internal storage (Sandisk SDIN7DU2 iNAND Flash), micro SD slot up to 32 GB
- Video Output/ Display Interfaces
- HDMI 1.4 up to 4K UHD resolution
- VGA port
- eDP v1.2 up to 2560×1600 @ 60 Hz
- MIPI DSI, LVDS, LCD RGB interfaces via expansion connectors
- Audio – HDMI, headphone jack, built-in microphone, speaker header. AC100 Codec
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n & Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6330 module)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 OTG, 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Debugging – UART
- Expansion – Via 2x headers on the side shared with display and camera interfaces.
- Misc – IR receiver, reset and power LEDs, reset, power on and u-boot buttons, RTC with battery
- Power management – AXP806, AXP809 PMIC
- Power Supply – 12V via power barrel or input header, LCD power header (12V/5V), and connector for external LiPo battery
- Dimensions – N/A
Based on my experience with A80 OptimusBoard, Merrii does not always provide full documentation and source code for their board. But either A80 OptimusBoard came out a little too earlier, or Merrii has decided to improve, as some documentation (mostly in Chinese), and source code has been released on their forums.
Other downloads include:
- A80 HummingBird H8 Android image (Android 4.4.2 with Linux 3.4.39)
- A80 HummingBird H8 Lubuntu images for SD card or internal boot (I guess)
- A80 HummingBird H8 SDK (5.51 GB) – a80_hummingbird_20141015ok.tar.gz (password: 96qo)
I’m not sure when the board will be available, and but it should eventually show up on Merrii Aliexpress store.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|