EZCast dongles are wireless display dongle supporting Miracast, DLNA, Airplay, and EZCast protocol, and are all based on Actions Semiconductor AM8251 MIPS processor. The company has now designed AM8253 SoC specially for audio applications using these standards, and found in upcoming products such as UyeSee WM201 Wi-Fi music streamer.
- SoC – Actions Semi AM8253 32-bit RISC processor @ 600 MHz with built-in 24-bit 96 KHz DAC
- System Memory – 64 MB DDR3
- Storage – 128MB for firmware, and micro SD card for audio files
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (150 Max). WPA, WPA2, and WPA2 Mixed security
- Audio Ports – 3.5mm audio jack, optical S/PDIF
- Wireless Audio Standard – Airplay, DLNA, Qplay and Ezcast
- Audio Format – MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, APE, OGG, WMA, DTS, AC3 (Dolby Digital), ra, AIF, AIFF, M4A(ALAC), MKA, MIDI,, TTA
- USB – 1x USB host port, 1x micro USB port for power
- Misc – Reset button, power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/0.5A (via micro USB port)
- Dimensions – 82 x 82 x 24 mm
This wireless audio streamer comes with a USB cable, an audio cable (for 3.5mm jack), and a user’s manual. The functionality should be similar to SoundMate M2, except that EZMusic app for Microsoft Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS will be provided instead of controlling the device via a web interface. It should also be possible to use it with Linux using a DLNA client (TBC).. You can also play music from a micro SD card, or a USB mass storage device.
There’s no mention of the architecture for the RISC processor, but it should probably be MIPS like for AM8251. The blank rectangles in the block diagram, are probably because they used an old block diagram with GPU and VPU used in AM8251, which is not needed in AM8253 audio processor. There’s also no mention of any operating systems, but it’s probably a Linux based device.
The product should eventually be listed on Uyesee audio streaming page yet, and a dedicated website should be launched on www.ezmusic.cn soon (site is down for now).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|