Lots of Intel Atom Z3735 based mini PCs have been announced, and some such as MeegoPad T01 have already ended up in the hands of end users, but most of them are running Windows 8.1 with bing, with some featuring a dual boot image with Windows and Android, but no company has yet committed to release one supporting a Linux desktop distribution. This may change thanks to CloudProject Air X1 and Air S1 mini PCs that already support Windows 8.1 (with bing or pro), and Android 4.4.4, but the company is also working on a Linux port, and both models will be available in consumers and enterprise editions.
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735F “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz (Bust freq: 1.83 GHz) with Intel HD graphics Gen 7 (2W TDP)
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3LP
- Air X1 Consumer – 32 GB eMMC + micro SD slot
- Air X1 / S1 Enterprise – 32 to 128 GB eMMC Pro 5.0 + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4
- Audio Output – HDMI, and 3.5mm audio jack. Optical SPDIF might also be available on Air X1
- Dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Air X1 only – 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports. Air S1 also adds a micro USB port.
- Misc – Power button, IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions – N/A
- Weight – N/A
The consumer versions will include a Windows 8.1 with Bing license, 2 years of warranty, and sell for 199 USD / 199 Euros including VAT. The Enterprise versions will come with faster eMMC pro that can boot Windows 8.1 in just 4 seconds, a one year warranty (3 years optional), VESA mount / lock system, and an HDMI to VGA adapter, with pricing also starting at 199 USD / 199 Euros. An Education version is also in the works, but no details have been provided so far.
The short demo below shows Asphalt 8 games running in Windows 10 preview on Air S1.
The devices are going through CE/FCC/RoHS certifications now, and mass production is scheduled for Mid January 2015 (AIR X1 first, then AIR S1). Further details will eventually show up on CloudProject products page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|