Today (2015/01/15), Xiaomi has launched four new products: Mi Note and Mi Note Pro 5.5″ Android smartphones powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 and 810, Mi Headphones (audiophile-grade), as well as Mi Box mini. The latter is a tiny Android TV box powered by a quad core ARM Cortex-A7 processor, with 1GB RAM and 4GB Flash, and selling for just 199 RMB in China (~$32 US).
- SoC – Mediatek MT8685A quad core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.3Ghz with Mali-450MP4 GPU (4 fragment + 2 vertex cores)
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB eMMC 4.5 flash
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI up to 1080p with Dolby and DTS pass-through
- Video Codecs – Support H.265
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0
- Power Supply – Integrated into device. 100-240V input
- Dimensions – 38 x 38 x 38? mm
- Weight – 73 grams
The device will run MUIU TV (based on Android 4.4.2), and sell with a 1.5 meter HDMI cable, and a Bluetooth remote control.
The box is also said to offer 140,000 hours of video content with Galaxy Internet TV (GiTV), but this is likely to work reliably in China only.
You can find more details on Xiaomi’s Mi Box mini product’s page (in Chinese).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.