Compulab Utilite2 is a new family of mini PCs powered vt Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad core Krait 300 processor, with 2GB RAM, 4GB eMMC and optional mSATA storage that runs Android 4.4 or Ubuntu Linaro, with CM-QS600 SoM found in the device being officially supported by Linaro. Utilite2 Standard 4G and Standard 4G + 32SSD (or just SSD for short) are now listed on UK based TinyGreenPC for respectively £158.00 ($241) and £181.00 ($276), but the two models can also be bought direct on Compulab website for $192 and $229 with a 4 weeks lead time.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 APQ8064 quad-core Krait 300 @ 1.7GHz with Adreno 320 GPU compliant with OpenGL ES 1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0 and OpenCL
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3-1066
- Storage – 4GB eMMC, mSATA socket (mini-PCie form-factor, populated with 32 GB SSD on SSD model), and micro-SD slot up to 128 GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a max resolution 1920 x 1080
- Audio I/O – HDMI, stereo line-out, stereo line-in, WC09311 audio codec.
- Video Codecs – H.264, MPEG2/4, DivX and VC-1 HW decoding up to 1080p
- 1000 BaseT Ethernet port,
- Dual-antenna WiFi 802.11b/g/n,
- Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0 (Low Energy)
- Cellular Expansion socket (mini-PCIe form-factor) and on-board uSIM socket for USB cellular modem
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports (max 1A per port), 1x micro USB OTG port
- Debugging – Serial debug console (muxed with USB OTG)
- Misc – RTC
- Power Supply – Unregulated 10 to 16 volt input (12V adapter provided)
- Power Consumption – 3W – 8W (depending on system load)
- Dimensions – 85mm x 85mm x 27mm (die-cast aluminum enclosure)
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0C – 45C; Extended: -20C – 60C
The box is sold with a 12V/1.5A power supply (EU, UK or US standard) and power cord, two Wi-Fi antennas, and a user’s guide. The computer is pre-loaded with Linux (Ubuntu Linaro?), and you may want to read user and developer information about hardware and software on Utilite2 Wiki for complete details. I could not find much information for Android 4.4.3, maybe it will be published a little later.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|