Vidon Box is the second item for the Giveaway Week organized on CNX Software. This nice looking media player is powered by Allwinner A31s with 1GB DDR3 and 8GB internal storage, and runs Android 4.4 with VidOn’s own XBMC version.
VidOn Box is certainly not the fatest device around but in my review I found out that it mostly did the job with excellent Wi-Fi performance, and good XBMC support, but for some reasons transfer from USB hard drive was particularly slow, at least with the firmware version I used during testing. Some features that you may take for granted like Blu-ray playback and audio pass-through require a $15 one year membership, but one free year is included. I’m not sure if the one-year free card is transferable, so the giveaway winner may not be able to enjoy the remaining membership options without paying extra. Basic functionalities will work fine. You can check VidOn Box unboxing post to find the differences between non-subscriber and subscriber.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment below. To make the contest more interesting, you may want to share why you want it, or what you plan to do with it instead of the usual “I’m in”. It won’t improve your odds though, as all entries will have the same weight.
Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10am (Bangkok time) every day. Comments will be closed after 48 hours.
- Winners will be selected with
- I’ll contact the winner by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner.
- Free EMS for winners with a shipping address in Thailand
- $19 Registered Airmail Small packet for the rest of the world payable via Paypal within 48 hours once the contest is complete.
- If Paypal is not available in your country, you can still play, and I’ll cover the cost of sending the parcel by Sea and Land (SAL) if you win.
- I’ll post all 7 prizes at the same time, around the 18th of March
- I’ll make sure we have 7 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this week giveaway, I’ll draw another person.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.