Geniatech has launched a new Amlogic S812 quad core media player that should be one of the very first to run the full version of Android 5.0. It comes with 2GB RAM, 16GB internal flash and fast connectivity options with a Gigabit Ethernet port and 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO.
Mygica ATV1900AC specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S812 quad core cortex A9r4 @ 2 GHz with Mali-450MP6 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD card reader
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi 2T2R
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Video Codec – H.265 up to 4K2K, H.264, etc…
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver, reset pinhole, power button, network and power LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 168 x 132 x 21 mm
- Weight – 300 grams.
The Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware will also alledgedly include YouTube/Netflix TV app with support for 1080p and 4K2K support, as well as a custom version of Kodi 14.1. Voice search and OTA update will also be enabled. I’ve been in contact with some developers working on Android 5.0 on Amlogic S802 and S812, and I’ve been told the system feels much faster with Lollipop compared to Kitkat.
has not been announced yet will be $169 US (MSRP), and Mygica ATV1900AC should become available by the end of April. There’s currently no Mygica ATV1900AC page, but some more information might be found on Geniatech ATV1900AC page although some details, such as RAM and storage, are different.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.