Linaro 15.04 has been released with Linux 4.0 (baseline), Linux 3.10.74 and 3.14.39 (LSK), and Android 5.1.1.
Other noticeable changes include support for the new DragonBoard 410c 96boards compliant board, the addition of A80 Optimusboard (Allwinner A80) to Android Kitkat build, Hisilicon D01 support added to the Debian installer, and support for Ubuntu ARM64 Gnome rootfs.
Highlights of the release:
- Linux Linaro 4.0-2015.04
- updated linaro-android topic: aosp/android-3.18 branch has been merged
- GATOR topic: version 5.20.1
- updated integration-linaro-vexpress64 topic by ARM LT (FVP Base and Foundation models, and Juno support)
- updated topic from Qualcomm LT (IFC6410 and DB410c boards support):
- Resource Power Manager (RPM) – MSM Shared Memory Driver (SMD) driver
- quite some changes under drivers/gpu/drm/ related to adv7511 and adv7533 support
- ASoC support for QCOM platforms
- external Connector Class (extcon) support (used for USB VBUS and ID detection)
- Linaro builds of AOSP 15.04
- baseline updated to android-5.1.1_r1
- updated Nexus 10 CI for LAVA testing
- added Optimus A80 Android Kitkat build
- Linaro OpenEmbedded 2015.04
- removed stress recipe in favor of oe-core recipe
- updated linux-linaro to ll_20150422.0 (based on 4.0)
- libevent-fb: OE-core updated to 2.0.22, fix require statement
- APM mustang boot failure was tracked down to using ‘arm64’ as U-Boot arch for the initramfs header while the vendor U-Boot 2013.04 expects ‘arm’.
- upstreaming – strace: fix build for aarch64; libgpg-error 1.18: simplify tuple handling and add armv8b support
- Linaro Ubuntu 15.04 – updated packages: LSK 3.10.74/3.14.39 and linux-linaro 4.0 kernels
- U-Boot: upstream fastboot support
- Add HiSilicon D01 platform support to Debian installer
- Updated android-build job to work with docker slaves
- Cleaned up ILP32 build job
- LSK: enable debug options on regular builds
- linux-linaro: ll-fold.sh script fixed to work correctly with newer git versions
- CI bring up: tshark board Android member build
- Added Ubuntu arm64 gnome rootfs
- Added D01 platform to Coresight CI loop
Check out https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1504/Release for a list of known issues, and further release details about the LEB, LMB (Linaro Member Builds), and community builds, as well as Android, Kernel, Graphics, Multimedia, Landing Team, Platform, Power management and Toolchain components.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
Can we install this build on ONDA V989 with a80 or at least ran it live with phoenix card