Last year, I wrote about a $50 Android smartphone, and yes, it was cheap but the specifications were pretty poor. But today, I’ve just learned about DAXIAN XY100S powered by Mediatek MT6589 quad core Cortex A7, with a 4.7″ display, and running Android 4.2, which just sells for under $100 on Buyincoins.com, including shipping. That’s about $50 cheaper than the cheapest MT6589 models I found.
DAXIAN XY100S specifications as listed on buyincoins:
Operating System: Google Android 4.2
- SoC – Mediatek MTK6589 quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.5GHz + PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash + micro SD card slot (Up to 32GB)
- Display – 4.7″ Multi-touch Capacitive screen (854 x 480)
- Network – GSM: 900/ 1800 MHz, 2010-2025 MHz / 1880-1900 MHz (Dual SIM), 3G: TD-SCDMA
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n
- Camera – 2.0 MP front camera, 8.0MP rear camera
- USB – 1x micro USB port
- Audio ports – 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, built-in speaker and microphone
- Battery – Built-in 1800mAh Lithium battery (96 hours of standby time, 10 hour music for music, with earphone, 5 hours of talk time)
- Dimension – 13.5cm x 7cm x 1cm
The device comes with a data cable, a power adapter, 2 batteries, and earphones. The screen resolution and NAND flash size are pretty low by today’s standards, but for this price you cannot really complain.
Initially, I thought it was probably either a promotion, or the price or specs were wrong. I can’t find the device on Aliexpress currently, but I also found it on Taobao for 515 to 565 RMB ($84 to $92), so the $100 price tag with shipping, although quite aggressive, is not impossible.
I had never heard about buyincoins.com before, but they seem to have fairly large traffic according to Alexa. However, I’ve read mixed reports about the company, but it’s about the same for Aliexpress. They accept Paypal, so in case of issue you may be able to open a dispute (TBC).
Thanks to onebir for the tip!
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|