Shortly after writing about NanoPi2 development board based on Samsung S5P4418 processor, I checked some other more featured solutions based on the same processor, but made by competitors such as Graperain G4418 IBOX Card Computer or ARMBest Core4418 module. Whiel browsing Shenzhen Graperain Technology website, I discovered another processor by Samsung with S5P6818 octa core Cortex A53 processor found in their G6818 IBOX single board computer.
- SoC – Samsung S5P6818 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ 1.4 to 1.6 GHz with Mali-400MP 3D GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 up to 800MHz (1GB optional)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC Flash (16GB optional) + 2x micro SD slot
- Video Output / Display I/F – micro HDMI and VGA connectors; LCD (RGB), MIPI DSI and LVDS interfaces;
- Audio – micro HDMI, headphone jack, speaker header;
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (RTL8211E), Wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 (Realtek RTL8723BU module)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Camera – BT601, BT656 Camera Interface
- 2x 10-pin header with GPIO, SPI, UART, and ADC signals
- Serial – UART0 for debugging, UART1 TTL levels
- Misc – IR receiver; power, reset and 2 users buttons; RTC with battery slot
- 5V DC via power barrel
- 2-pin battery header for 4.2V lithium battery
- AXP228 PMIC
- Dimensions – 100 x 68 mm
The company can offer 4.3″, 5″, 7″, 10.1″, 11.6″ and 15.6″ capacitive displays working with the board. There’s no information about software at all on their website, but we can probably assume it will run Linux and Android like it’s little brother S5P4418 [Update: I’ve been informed the board supports Android, Linux 3.4.39 + Qt, and Ubuntu]. Information about S5P6818 is also sparse, but the company also mentioned a system-on-module and baseboard on ARM community website, where we get at least a block diagram.
The company also claims S5P6818 processor is pin-to-pin compatible with S5P4418, which is conceivable since both are available in a 17×17 mm 513-pin FCBGA package according to informations on Nexell website. That means NanoPi2 could also have an S5P6818 version soon too (NanoPi3?).
I don’t have any details about pricing or availability for the Graperain board, but you can find a few more details on the company’s G6818 IBOX Card Computer page.