Doogee Smart Cube P1 looks like a colorful Android 4.4 TV box powered by an Amlogic quad core processor, but it’s actually an Android DLP projector without other video output ports (no HDMI, no composite) that can also be used to mirror or extent your laptop or smartphone screen.
- SoC – Amlogic quad core processor (likely Amlogic S805 quad core Cortex A5 since the device is running Android 4.4)
- System memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash
- Texas Instrument DLP with 70 lumen/3W brightness, OSRAM LED, and 30,000 hours LED lifetime
- Resolution – 854×480; max: 1280×720
- Contrast ratio – 800:1
- Manual focus
- Audio – 2x 1.2W speakers
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – Dual LED charging LED, power and reset buttons
- Power Supply – 5V via USB OTG port
- Battery – 4,800 mAh @ 3.8V good for about 3 hours
- Dimensions – 62 x 62 x 62 mm
- Weight 290 grams
The projector runs Android 4.4 with DLNA, Miracast and Airplay support which allows you to wirelessly stream your audio and video media files from your phone or computer to the projector, or mirror or extended its display.
Gizchina met the company at Mobile World Congress 2016, and tried the features using a Macbook and an iPhone, but it should also work on Windows, Linux, Android, or other systems supporting either Miracast or Airplay.