I mostly know e-Con Systems because of their camera modules, but the Indian company has also been manufacturing system-on-modules and development kits, and has just launched Propus development board based on their eSOMTK1 computer-on-module powered by Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15 processor, and including three camera interfaces with two 4-lane and one 1-line MIPI-CSI2 connectors.
- Computer-on-module – eSOMTK1-F16G-R2G-WB-IM:
- SoC – Nvidia Tegra K1 4-plus-1 ARM Cortex-A15 processor @ up to 2.3 GHz with 192-core Kepler GPU.
- System Memory – 2GB 64-bit DDR3L SDRAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash
- Connectivity – 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.1 module with 2 u.Fl antenna connectors
- Sensors – 3D digital accelerometer and a 3D digital gyroscope (6 axis)
- Power Management IC (5V and 12V inputs)
- SoM connectors – 4x 100-pin board to board connectors
- Storage – SATA connect, micro SD slot
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 1.4
- Audio – Audio Codec with 2x audio jack for microphone & headset
- Camera – 2x MIPI-CSI 4 lane interfaces, 1x MIPI-CSI 1 lane interface
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 host ports, 1x USB OTG port, 1x mini USB debug port
- Mini PCIe slot (on the bottom of baseboard)
- Expansion header with I2C, SPI, UART, GPIOs…
- Misc – RTC + coin cell, fan header, power on switch
- Power Supply – [email protected]
- Dimension – 105x 85mm (baseboard); 70mm x 55mm x 1.6mm (CoM)
- Temperature Range – 0°C to 70°C (Commercial)
The kit also includes a 12V power supply, and a USB to serial cable, with the board pre-installed with u-boot and Linux (Ubuntu), but the company provides both Linux and Android BSPs. Add-on boards include 13MP or 4MP camera modules, and they used two 13MP camera to demo live video on the board.
Propus development kit is currently available for $449, with the MIPI-CSI camera add-on boards sold for $149 each. eSOMTK1 computer-on-module is currently selling in two configurations, including one with the wireless module and IMU, for $149 and $175 per unit for order of 1,000 modules or more, with custom configuration with up to 4GB RAM and 64GB storage available on request. Further details can be found on e-Con Systems’ Propus and eSOMTK1 SoM page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|