Smartphone displays are getting bigger each year, but at the other end of the spectrum, LONG-CZ J8 phone could the world’s smallest at just 68 x 23 x 11 mm, and 18 grams. It takes micro SIM card to make calls, but also doubles (triples?) as a Bluetooth headset and FM Radio.
- Processor – Mediatek
- Display – 0.6″‘ OLED display
- Cellular Connectivity – GSM 850/900/1800/1900 via micro SIM card slot
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 3.0
- USB – 1x micro USB port for charging
- Battery – Capacity TBD; Up to 5 hours talk time, 96 hours standby time.
- Dimensions – 68 x 23 x 11mm
- Weight 18g
The phones ships with a data cable, a user’s manual in English and Chinese, a strap, one ear loop, and two ear caps. Nine languages are supported: English, French, Italian, Russian, Hindi, Russian, Thai, Portuguese, and Spanish. The phone is not quite new, as it has launched in 2014 with a few videos showing the device in action.
I could find LONG-CZ J8 on Aliexpress for $23.99 shipped (and a bit less with Aliexpress app), as well as Amazon US and Amazon UK. It’s allegedly popular with inmates as it can easily be sneaked into prisons, and there seems to be a few other models with the same name but a different case. Do you know an even smaller phone (watch phones excluded!)?