Connect Tech had already launched Astro carrier board for Nvidia Tegra X1 based Jetson TX1 CPU module, which they also integrated into Rosie Military Grade Embedded mini PC. Since them the Canadian company had also introduced a low cost “Elroy” carrier board , and more recently, a third cheaper baseboard called Orbitty selling for $175 and up, and including Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 & 2.0 ports, HDMI, and more.
Orbitty (ASG003) carrier board specifications:
- Compatibility – Nvidia Jetson TX1 system-on-module
- Storage – micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output – 1x HDMI
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Expansion Header – 20-pin header with 2x 3.3V UART, I2C, 4x GPIO, etc…
- Power Supply – 9 to 19V DC via terminal block
- Dimensions – 87 x 50mm
- Operating Temperature – -40°C to +85°C
The carrier board targets robotics and unmanned applications, and small form factor rugged environment. As with other carrier board, the company does not provide software themselves, and it just work with the SDK provided with Jetson TX1 module and devkit.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|