STMicroelectronics STEVEL-WESU1 is a wearable open source hardware reference design and development kit comprised of a board with STM32L1 ARM Cortex-M3 micro-controller, BlueNRG-MS Bluetooth LE chip, and sensors, a battery, and a watch band.
STMicro “WESU” specifications and features:
- MCU – STMicro STM32L151VEY6 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 MCU @ 32 KHz to 32 MHz, 512KB flash, 80 KB SRAM
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0 LE via BlueNRG-MS BLE network processor
- Sensors – 3D accelerometer + 3D gyroscope (LSM6DS3), 3-axis magnetometer (LIS3MDL), MEMS pressure sensor (LPS25HB)
- USB – 1x micro USB port for recharging
- Debugging – SWD connector for debugging and programming capability
- 100 mAh Li-Ion battery included, UN38.3 tested and certified
- STNS01 Li-Ion linear battery charger
- STC3115 Fuel gauge IC
- Watch strap with plastic housing included
- Certifications – FCC (FCC ID: S9N-WESU1), IC (IC: 8976C-WESU1), RoHS
The kit can be controlled by ST WeSU app for Android and iOS, and developed using BlueST SDK, available on Github. You can also get all hardware files (Gerber, schematics, PCB layout, BoM,…), documentation, as well as firmware and source code on STEVAL-WESU1 product page.
STEVAL-WESU1 can be purchased for $48.95 directly on STMicro website, or via distributors such as DigiKey or Mouser.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “$49 STEVAL-WESU1 Wearable Sensor Unit Reference Design is Based on STMicro STM32 MCU”
STEVAL-WESU1, $48.95 ea. plus shipping direct from ST.