MeegoPad A02 octa-core Remix OS first launched in China for as low as 199 CNY ($30), and the company has raised around 107,000 RMB (~$16,300 US) so far. In the meantime, they’ve also launched the product on Indiegogo for a ~25% markup for cheapest pledge as the 1GB RAM/16GB Flash is offered for $39 + shipping, instead of $30 + shipping in China.
- SoC – Allwinner A83T octa-core ARM Cortex-A7 @ 1.6 GHz with PowerVR SGX544MP1 GPU
- System Memory / Storage
- 1GB DDR3L + 16 GB eMMC flash, and micro SD slot up to 128GB OR
- 2GB DDR3L + 32 GB eMMC flash, and micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 1080p60
- Audio Output – HDMI, 3,5 mm headphone jack
- Connetivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port for power
- Misc – Power button
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB
- Dimensions – 124 x 46 x 8 mm
- Weight – 48 grams
The stick is said to run Remix OS 2.0 with the Google Play store, despite Google having asked Jide to remove the Play Store from their own Remix OS devices.
The 2GB RAM/32GB storage version goes for $49 + shipping, and is now the most popular option. The stick will ship with a power adapter, a USB cable, and a HDMI extension cable. Shipping is free to most of the Western world (North America and Europe), but adds to $5 to other countries. Delivery is scheduled for 30 days after the campaign completes, so perks should ship around August 2016. Alternatively, you could also try your luck to with MeegoPad A02 through their Facebook giveaway.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.