Amlogic S905X Android TV boxes are now pretty common, but if you’re looking for a device in TV stick form factor that’s more difficult to find, and exactly what Eachlink IX809 PRO devices offers with Amlogic S905X processor combined with 1GB RAM and 8GB eMMC flash.
Eachlink IX809 PRO specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5 GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0 port
- Video Codec – [email protected] Hz video decoding for 10-bit HEVC/H.265 and VP9; H.264 up to [email protected] Hz
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi; It’s unclear whether Bluetooth is implemented.
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port, 1x micro USB port for power only
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
The HDMI stick runs Android 6.0, and ships with a short HDMI cable, a USB OTG adapter, a micro USB to USB cable, and a user’s manual. The power supply is not provided, or at least not shown on pictures, so you may have to provide your own.
Eachlink IX809 PRO is sold on GeekBuying for $32.99 and eBay for $35.99. GeekBuying also offers bundles with Rii i8 wireless keyboard or Tronsmart TSM01 air mouse. I could also find the same devices sold as MK809IV PRO on Aliexpress for $31.35.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.