MINI M8S is a relatively popular Android TV box based on Amlogic S905 thanks to its low price ($33) and the inclusion of 2GB RAM. There’s now a new model simply called MINI M8S II with the same specifications, except the processor has been updated to Amlogic S905X, adding VP9 and HDR support, and selling for $36.99 on GearBest with coupon GBM8SII.
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0b up to 4K @ 60 fps
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – VP9 4K @ 60 fps, 10-bit H.265 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 4K @ 30 fps
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 110 x 110 x 17.5 mm
- Weight – 152 grams
The box runs Android 6.0 instead of Android 5.0 on MINI M8S, and ships with an IR remote control., an HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a user’s manual in English.
The TV box is not currently sold on that many websites yet, and beside GearBest, I could only find it on Aliexpress for $47 and up, but prices will likely converge toward $35 as time passes. Alternatively, GearBest has launched a wholesale website called VolumeBest, where you can get the older MINI M8S for as low as $35 if you order 100 or more (sadly still more expensive than on eBay), and I assume M8S II will be listed soon enough.