Shenzhen Tomato has been selling Android TV boxes for a few years now, but one of their next product will be a development board based on Amlogic S905X processor with 8GB flash, 2GB RAM, and the usual 40-pin Raspberry Pi header.
SZTomato TVI development board specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 (1GB or less as option)
- Storage – 8GB Samsung eMMC flash (other capacities as option) + micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet port, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 (Ampak AP6212) with IPEX connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports with 500mA fuses, 1x USB type C port for power and USB devices (no video)
- Expansion header – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header with USB, UART, I2C, ADC, PWM, JTAG, I2S, and GPIOs
- Misc -Blue & red LED, dual channel IR, power/function/reset keys, header for RTC battery
- Power Supply – 5V via USB type C or extra header with 2.5A fuse
- Dimensions – 82.0 x 57.5 x 11.5 mm
The company will provide support for Android 6.0, OpenELEC 7.0 and Ubuntu 16.04, and source code will be provided to customers.
The bad news is that the board will only be sold to companies purchasing in volume, not to hobbyists. The company told me they already have engineering samples, and accept order from OEM/ODM customers. Price has not been disclosed publicly, but I’m guessing it should probably be around $40 or less. [Update 24/08/2016: More info can now be found on TVi product page. They have four versions: TVi, TVi Lite, TVim and TGVim with different memory, storage, and wireless configurations]
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|