I may just have finished Giveaway Week at the beginning of the month with my own review samples, but I have three new devices to offer courtesy of WeTek who asked me whether I could organize a giveaway for two WeTek Hub and one WeTek Play 2 Android & OpenELEC TV boxes on CNX Software.
For some reasons I’ve been unlucky with my attempted reviews of the two devices with my WeTek Hub review sample having severe stability issues, while my country’s customs office required time-consuming and expensive paperwork for WeTek Play 2, so I had to abandon the package. End of the day, I did not review either. Other reviewers were luckier, with – from what I’ve seen – positive reviews for both devices. For example, Mark Hodgkinson concluded his review of WeTek Hub on AV Forums as follows:
The Wetek Hub is a well-designed little device, both inside and out, that should serve the media needs of most for some time to come and, given its fairly low entry price, it’s one we’re happy to term as a Best Buy.
Kodi forum moderator wrxtasy tested WeTek Play 2, found the Android or OpenELEC firmware was comparable to the one of WeTek Hub (he gave an A mark, once the IR remote was excluded…), and also gave his opinions about WeTV App for the tuner with a good mark for live TV playback and prompt channel switching, but he had some grievances with regards to some features like EPG presentation, the number of clicks required for some functions, and a few other issues. The device still got an decent B- for the DVB/PVR part as of October 29th.
WeTek Hub is also getting Android 6.0 firmware with support for 4K streaming on services that offer 4K content, including Netflix.
If you are interested in either device, please leave a comment below. Complete rules as follow:
- Only one entry accept. I will filter out entries with the same IP.
- The contest is open for 48 hours, and comments will be closed after 48 hours, so you’ll know when the contest is over.
- Winners will be selected with
- The first winner will get WeTek Play 2 (with tuner of his/her choice), and the second and third winner will receive WeTek Hub.
- I’ll contact the winners by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner.
- Shipping – Free and handled by WeTek
- The contest is open to all humans living on planet Earth. Dogs, cats, and extraterrestrial lizards not allowed.
- If you have already won a device during giveaway week in November 2016, you can’t participate in order to give others a chance.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.