We now have so many Amlogic S912 Android TV boxes on the market, it becomes hard for companies to differentiate, but Geniatech is offering something different with their Geniatech/Mygica ATV1960 model thanks to a dual TV tuner support either ATSC or DVB-T2 and allowing you to watch a program, while recording another.
Geniatech/Mygica ATV1960 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-820MP3 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot + 2.5″ SATA bay (cover on the bottom of the case)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Audio Output – HDMI, and optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Tuner – Dual Digital TV Tuner (ATSC/T2); one for live watching, another for recording; EPG and PVR supported.
- Misc – IR receiver, reset pinhole
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 160 x 110 x 33 mm
- Weight – 237 grams
The exact specifications are of the device are hard to find since the people who updated the company’s website did not do such a good job. While all other Amlogic S912 TV boxes are running Android 6.0, ATV1960 is said to run Android 5.1, something that’s unlikely but possible in case the drivers for the tuners could not be re-built for Android 6.0.
We also could not see any demo of the device yet, and price and availability are not available yet. ATV1960 will likely be sold under the Mygica brand, possibly with some specifications tweaks, as the company has done in the past with other models. You can find more – but not-so-accurate – information on Geniatech ATV1960 product page.