Google may just have released Android Things operating systems for IoT applications, but its big brother – Android – has already gotten into some other IoT systems such as Quectel SC20 module powered by a Qualcomm processor and supporting LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth LE, and GNSS functions.
- SoC – Unnamed Qualcomm processor
- System Memory – TBD
- Storage – 8GB flash
- Cellular Connectivity – FDD LTE, TDD LTE, TD-SCDMA, EVDO/DCMA, WCDMA, and GSM; antenna: MIMO 2×2, supports Rx-diversity
- Other Wireless Connectivity
- WiFi – 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n (SC20-CE/-W); Dual band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (SC20-E/-A/-AU/-J)
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR/3.0/4.1 LE
- GNSS – GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou
- LCD – 4x lanes MIPI-DSI, 1.5Gbps each, HD (720p) @ 60fps
- Camera – MIPI-CSI, up to 1.5Gbps per lane, supports two cameras
- 2-lane MIPI_CSI for rear camera, up to 8MP
- 1-lane MIPI_CSI for front camera, up to 2MP
- Touch Panel Capacitive-screen
- USB 2.0 Device High Speed, 480Mbps
- 2x USIM 1.8V/3V
- 25x GPIO, 3x I2C, 2x high-speed UARTs
- SDIO – 1x SDIO 3.0, 4bit SDIO
- 4 pads for antennas: main, diversity, GNSS, Wi-Fi/BT
- 3x ADC (BAT_SNS, BAT_THERM, ADC)
- Audio – MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, AMR-NB, – WB, G.711, WMA 9/10 Pro
- Encode – 30fps 720p (H.264), 30fps WVGA (MPEG-4/VP8)
- Decode – 30fps 720p (H.264/MPEG-4/VP8/H.265 DivX4/5/6), 30fps WVGA (H.263)
- Dimensions – 40.5 x 40.5 x 2.8mm
- Weight – ~9.6 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: -40°C ~ +85°C
- Compliance – CCC/CE/FCC/GCF/PTCRB/AT&T/ACMA RCM/Verizon (Many still work-in-progress)
I first found about the module, as SinoVoip showcased some pictures of their next BPI-SC20 board using Quectel SC20-CE, but they did not provide other details.
Nevertheless it was easy enough to find Quectel SC20 product page listing all the specs above, plus details about LTE, WCDMA, etc… bands, Rx/Tx power levels, and more. Six models of the module will be available: SC20-W with WiFi and BLE only, as well as country or zone specific variants: SC20-CE, SC20-J, SC20-AU, SC20-A, and SC20-E with different supported cellular bands and standards.
The company is also said to have an evaluation board with a display and two cameras, with the processor used part of – or similar to – Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 series.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|