Inforce Computing announced their 6501 Micro SOM system-on-module based on Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor in Q2 2015, and the company informed me that they had just unveiled a lower power version based on Snapdragon 600 processor called 6401 Micro SOM, and still featuring WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS connectivity on module.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064) quad core Krait processor up to 1.7 GHz with Adreno 320 GPU, and Hexagon DSP v4 up to 500MHz
- System Memory – 2GB PoP LPDDR2 @533Mhz (Optional 3GB)
- Storage – 4GB eMMC v4.4.1/v4.5, with options up to 64GB
- Connectivity – BT 4.0 , dual band 802.11n/ac Wi-Fi (QCA6234), and GPS (WGR7640) with WiFi and GPS antennas on carrier board
- Peripherals and I/O via two 100-pin SoM connectors:
- Video / Display – 1x HDMI, 2x MIPI-DSI (4-lane) & touch screen
- 4x Line out, 3x Mic-in, 1x headphone out
- 8-channel 7.1 surround sound, Dolby Digital plus, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD via HDMI
- On-board WDC9311 audio codec
- Camera – 2x MIPI-CSI (2/4-lane)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host, 1x USB 2.0 OTG
- 1x PCIe, SDC, SLIMBUS
- JTAG, 8x GPIO, UART via 3-pin RS232, 2x I2C, SPI
- Video / Image Capabilities
- 1080p Full HD video with AVC (H.264) encode and decode
- Image signal processor (ISP) with support for image sensors up to 20MP
- Power Supply – +3.3V/6A input
- Dimensions – 50 x 28 mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0° C to 70° C; Storage: -20° C to 80° C
Android KitKat 4.4 BSP, Linaro Ubuntu Linux 14.04 BSP, as well as device drivers for cameras, displays, and peripherals are provided to customers. The datasheet (actually a product brief) and mechanical dimensions can be downloaded freely, but most of the documentation can only be downloaded after having purchased the board.
Inforce SYS6401 development platform can be used for evaluation and speed the early stage of development. The kit includes one Inforce 6401 Micro SOM, a mini-ITX carrier board, a 12V power supply, a micro-USB cable, and an acrylic base.
It’s basically the same carrier board found in SYS6510 devkit with Snapdragon 805 processor, except some minor modifications. It still comes with HDMI embedded DisplayPort), MIPI-DSI connector, Gigabit Ethernet, 7.1 audio output, a mini PCIe slot, battery support, and more.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|