Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 is the 64-bit ARM processor used in DragonBoard 410c 96Boards platform, but it’s also found in several phones, some single board computers such as Inforce 6309, and we’ve also seen it in system-on-modules includes Graperain G8916 and Intrinsyc Open-Q 410. Variscite has developed their DART-SD410 system-on-module based on the processor with up to 2GB RAM, up to 16GB storage, and on-board 802.11b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1.
DART-SD410 module specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.2GHz with Adreno 306 GPU @ 400 MHz
- System Memory – 1 to 2GB LPDDR3 @ 533 MHz
- Storage – 8 to 16 GB eMMC 4.5 flash
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.1 LE (WCN3620), GPS (WGR7640), and two u.FL antenna connectors
- Audio – PM8916 PMIC/Audio codec
- I/Os available via 2x 90-pin board-to-board connectors:
- 4-lane DSI up to 720p60/1080p30, 24-bit
- On-carrier DSI to HDMI bridge
- On-carrier DSI to LVDS bridge
- Camera – 2x MIPI CSI
- Storage – SD card
- Connectivity – 1000/100/10Mbps on-carrier
- RTC on-carrier
- Up to 6x I2C, 6x SPI, 2x UARTs,
- 1x USB2.0 Host/Device
- Audio – Digital microphone, 2x analog microphone, stereo headphone, mono speaker, 2 x I2S
- Power Supply – 3.7 to 4.5V
- Dimensions – 25mm x 43mm x 4mm
- Temperature Range – -25 to 85°C
The module supports Ubuntu Linaro and Android 5.1.1, and soon will also support the Yocto Project and Windows 10 IoT. You can find documentation on Variscite DART-SD410 Wiki, and it might also be an advantage that DragonBoard 410c development board is officially supported by Linaro, and has recently become Canonical’s Ubuntu Core ARM64 reference platform.
The company can also provide VAR-SD410CustomBoard carrier board to get started with development as quickly as possible. The baseboard features a Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port, HDMI output, a micro SD card, RTC and battery slot, two USB 2.0 ports, audio jacks, an edge connector for a camera board (VAR-EXT-CB410), various headers for LVDS, RS-232, GPIOs…, as well as user LED and buttons. Two version of the development kits with the module and baseboard are available with one including a 7″ WVGA capacitive touch screen.
DART-SD410 SoM and development kits are available now with price starting from $57 per unit for 1000 pieces orders. More details can be found on Varisite DART-SD410 and VAR-SD410CustomBoard product pages.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.