Xiaomi has unveiled a new WiFi router at CES 2017. Mi Router HD is an AC2600 WiFi router that’s also use as a personal NAS with a “surveillance-class” hard drive with up to 8TB capacity.
Mi Router HD key features:
- SoC – Qualcomm IPQ8064 quad core network processor with a dual-core Qualcomm Krait CPU @ 1.4 GHz for control plane and applications, and a dual-core 730 MHz Network Subsystem (NSS) to accelerate packet processing.
- 4×4 multi-user 802.11ac MIMO router, supports up to 2600 Mbps transfer speeds
- 4 high-gain PCB array antennas
- Built-in surveillance-class hard drive of up to 8TB
- Automatically back up all your devices, supports Time Machine
- Automatically syncs with Dropbox
- Integrates with Sonos audio system
The router will launch this trimester in China with either 1TB hard drive for under $200, or an 8TB hard drive for under $500. It will very likely be sold through Aliexpress, GearBest, GeekBuying and other websites to the rest of the world once it is launched.
In other news, the company also introduced an ultra thin “4.9mm” TV, which will be much more difficult to get out of China due to shipping and other logistical issues…